Chapter Ten

Kieran was getting ready for the day, I could hear him moving around in the closet getting dressed as I stared at the black feather in my hand. It was the way I was suppose to get in touch with the witches after I'd gotten the answers from Kieran that I needed. As Kieran opened the closet door I tucked the feather into my pocket and looked up at him smiling.

"Are you ready to head downstairs?" Kieran asked as he walked over to me and held his hand out to me to help me from my spot on the bed.

"Actually there's something to wanted to talk to you about," I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him until he sat down next to me.

"Okay sure. What is it?"

"I've been doing some reading, and I've been asking some of the other pack members about this world. A couple of times a certain pack came up. The Royal Pack, something about a bloodline that made them superior to the rest of us. They're like the rulers of the werewolf community." I saw anger flash across Kieran's face as I mentioned the bloodline.

"Who told you this?" He growled out at me, his eyes flashing the gold color of his wolf's.

"I don't remember there names, they were just answering my question. I was just curious, I forced the answers out of them," I said moving myself a ways away from Kieran, scared of the wolf that was showing in his eyes. "What's so important about them anyway? Why are you getting so angry?"

"Cause the Royal Pack doesn't deserve to exist. Just because the alpha's are strong doesn't mean they deserve to control everybody. If any Alpha wants to do anything with their pack they first have to go through the Royal Pack to get it done. Not that it really matters, they don't have a heir to their pack, this the last generation of the Royal Pack, soon there won't be any of them left."

"Why don't they have the heir? I thought that's what all Alpha's wanted. A heir to take over there pack some day?"

"My father made sure that there wouldn't be somebody to continue the royal bloodline. He made sure that once and for all the Royal Pack wouldn't be able to control everybody like they've done for so long."

"What did he do?"

"He killed there only child." With that Kieran stood up and left the room. I could see the muscles in his shoulders were still tense as he closed the door behind him. I'm sure that if he'd turned around I would've seen the gold color eyes of his wolf instead of the light blue color of the Kieran I knew.

I pulled the feather back out of my pocket and looked at it before looking over to the window. With the feather in my hand and I stood in and pushed the window open before pushing myself through, and jumping to the forest floor a few seconds later. I took off into the woods on two feet instead of four as I crushed the feather in my hand, a voice filled my mind a minute later.

"That was fast girl, but I guess I shouldn't put it past you to get the answers you wanted so soon. I've already cast the invisibility spell on you, it should hold until you cross the borders. I'll have one of my people waiting for you were we met a couple of days ago. She'll bring you to me, and when you get here we'll discuss what happened."

"What about my parents? You promised I'd see my parents," I said out loud knowing that she'd still be able to hear me no matter how I spoke.

"Don't rush girl, we'll get there. First you have to meet with me, and then we will discuss the time to see your parents. You should have a visitor in a minute, don't be afraid. She's just there to make sure that you get across the borders safe." Then with those last few words the voice in my head was gone, and a moment later a wolf was running along side me. I recognized the dark brown color of Allie's fur as she ran trotted along side me.