Prologue

A howl sounds from outside the window of my room, and it pulls me from my dream. I sat up in bed hoping that the sound hadn't woken up my father down the hall. I listened closely for any noise that would tell me he was awake, and sighed in relief when there wasn't any. I flip the blankets off my body, and moved myself to the side of the bed. Allowing my feet to hit the carpet covering the floor of my room, and my body to adjust to the cold temperatures within. I go to stand from the bed, and the springs underneath sigh from the relief of my weight as I move over to the window. My eyes are drawn to the silver wolf standing at the edge of my yard, just past the line of trees. It was such a wonderful sight to see, although most people would freak out to see a wolf standing in there yard, excitement filled me instead.

Smiling I move away from the window and towards my dresser on the other side of the room. Grabbing a pair of shorts and a tank top from the drawers I quickly start stripping my old clothes, and putting my new ones on. Once I'm done changing I move over towards the window, and start to push it open carefully. Hoping that the old wooden panels of the window didn't let out any noises. I was relieved when the wooden was silent, and I was able to start crawling through.

Soon my feet were resting on the rough material of the porch roof shingles that rested just underneath my window. I turned around to close the window, while still making  sure that I'd be able to get back in when I came back later. I moved to the edge of the porch roof, and looked down at the yard beneath me. It wasn't a far jump and I landed it many times. So jumping off the roof and into the dewy grass was no different then the rest of the times I'd done it. My feet were starting to get cold from the wet grass, as I sprinted across the yard and towards the woods behind my house.

Once I'd gone past the cover of trees I took shelter behind a single tree, and started stripping my clothes and folding them into a pile next to me. I looked out into the darkness of the forest around me, where most people would be afraid, I was excited as I ran a few steps into the forest and jumped into the air. A feeling of fire running through my veins filled me, it didn't hurt it enthralled me as I knew what was coming next. In just a few seconds I landed on the forest floor, not on two legs, but on four paws. My body now covered in dark silver fur, much darker than the wolf's fur from before. As I landed I continued running, pushing myself faster through the forest. 

Using my lithe body to dodge in between trees, and my incredible vision in this form allowed me to jump over any obstacles that crossed my path. Soon a wolf joined me, running along side me. It's tongue hanging out of it's mouth as I looked over at the wolf. He yipped a greeting and I returned it before the wolf started nipping at my side's playfully. I snapped at the wolf trying to warn it to stop, but it just growled out it's own warning making me run faster as the wolf followed behind me, nipping at my tail as we ran.

As we entered a small clearing in the forest the wolf had decided it had enough of chasing me, and jumped on my back forcing me to the ground with a yelp as I hit the ground with the wolf's weight on top of me and rolled to a stop on my back. The other wolf stood over me as I came to a stop in the grass.

I rolled on to my back showing it my sign of submission, letting it know that I'd give in and I wasn't going to run anymore. The wolf seemed to grin at me as it stood above me. Enjoying the sight of my submission. Then something started to change, the air around him seemed to vibrate with power as the form above me started to change. It's face no longer the muzzle of a wolf as it started to shift into the smooth masculine face of a man. A wolf no longer laid above me, but the body of a man. A smile stretched across his lighting up his eyes as he looked over my form, and spoke to me, "So you finally decided to join us?"

-_--_--_--_-

Jolting awake I expected to see the familiar look of my bedroom ceiling above me, but was instead was met with the sight of a canopy of leaves instead. The rising sun just barely able to break through the canopy of leaves to give the forest around me a dark pink glow. I pushed myself into a sitting position with a groan as my back protested from laying on the ground. I looked over my body glad to see that I was clothed in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Which was an upgrade from the last few times when I'd woken up with nothing on at all. The leaves underneath me crunched and shifted as I pushed myself to my feet. I looked up at the sky glad to see the sun hadn't risen much into the sky quite yet. It gave me time to get home before my father woke up to find me gone.