Chapter Thirteen

When Kieran and I had arrived back from our run my parents were sitting in the living room steaming cups of tea in there hands that one of the pack wolves had given them. They were talking amongst themselves, but they heard when we'd entered the room and turned to look at us with smiles on their faces. "How was your run you two?" She asked as she looked over us. I blushed a little bit because I think she was guessing that we'd done something in the forest. She was right, but I don't think it was as bad as she was thinking.

"It was just fine, thanks for asking." Kieran said as calm and as cool as always as he pulled me over to the other couch by my hand and sat me down next to him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his side. I snuggled into the warmth that his body let off and rested my head on his chest as we looked at my parents. Their heads were resting next to each others I could tell they were having a silent conversation by the way they were looking at each other, I knew it was through the mate bond. I'd heard stories of what it was like to have a mate bond, and I'd seen it plenty of times when I'd been around Allie and Jonah.

It made me kind of sad that Kieran and I weren't connected on the same level as everybody else. We couldn't tell what the other was feeling, we couldn't communicate inside our heads with nobody else listening in. I didn't even have a pack bond with Kieran, considering I'd never actually been accepted into his pack while I'd been staying here. I mean I'd been accepted by the pack, but it wasn't the same thing as being accepted into the pack by the Alpha who also happened to be my mate.

"Kieran were you ever planning on accepting me into the pack?" I asked as I leaned away from him so I could see the reactions on his face to my question. He looked surprised for a second before he smiled at me.

"Of course I was planning on accepting you into the pack, but it just never seemed like the right time with everything was going on. I wanted everything to be perfect to hold the ceremony to accept you into the pack, but with all the threats we were receiving I had to think about the pack too. All the pack members get together when somebody is being accepted into the pack. It's a big deal, and with the threat of attack I didn't want to have everybody all in one place and run the risk of being attacked. Plus it's an even bigger deal when a Luna is accepted into the pack." My parents had heard what we were talking about, and my mom joined the conversation from the other couch.

"He's correct sweetie, when a Luna is accepted into the pack it's a bigger deal than most pack members being accepted. The pack members would be accepting a new leader to their pack. Each pack member will take the time to get to know you. They will each come up to you and take in your smell, and you will take in there's. You'll know each person's scent within the pack, and it also solidifies the pack bond in your head to know each member. Of course that's when some of the unmated females within the pack can fight for the Luna position as well. Which is not something you'll have to worry about," my mother said seeing the look at my face at fighting somebody.

She'd seen first hand what had happened the last time somebody had attacked my wolf. They were now dead, and my wolf wouldn't stop until they had the blood of the person who dared to attack her. "Packs here in the US it's not allowed to fight for the Luna position. But in some packs in other countries it's allowed. I've seen it happen many times. A female within the pack thinks the Luna isn't fit enough to reign by the Alpha's side so she fights for the spot. Of course most Luna's are made to rule by the Alpha's so it's not very often that the opposing female wins, and most times the Alpha will step in anyway to make sure his mate doesn't get hurt. I've seen some packs were the Alpha doesn't stop though them, even if it's his mate that loses."

"That's horrible, nobody's going to try and fight me here right? Even if it is against the law?" I said, I think my mother could hear the waver of fear in my voice. She'd seen first hand what my wolf could do, and what I'd felt afterwards. I didn't want that to happen again. I'd gained control over my wolf, but I only had so much. I don't know what she'd do if somebody attacked her again. Especially if it was like the time I'd had to fight Allie.

"Of course not Jazmyn," Kieran said tightening his arm around my shoulder. It was made to be a comforting gesture, but it was lost on me. I was too far gone in my head thinking of the outcome of what would happen if somebody did try to challenge me. "Everybody in the pack already accepts you as part of the pack, and as my mate. The entire pack was worried when you'd disappeared off pack land for the last few days. You won't have to worry about anybody challenging you, everybody already looks up to you as my other half. You have nothing to worry about. I promise you."

"That's good to know," I said letting out a sigh of relief at Kieran's words. It made me happy to know that the pack already looked up to me as their leader. Even though I hadn't known them for very long, and I hadn't been accepted into the pack.

Allie stepped in the room a moment later, and all eyes were on her. My eyes were drawn to the sadness in her eyes. "What's wrong Allie?" I asked her as I stood up and walked over to her, Jonah was standing behind her I could see the worry in his eyes. I'm guessing Allie had already told him what was wrong, and he looked like he wasn't able to help her by the look on his face, and it was hurting him.

"There's something I need to tell you about," she said as tears started pooling in her eyes. "I wasn't the only ones being held by the witches. They have other wolves like me that are still under their control."

"How is that possible? I defeated them. Once I could that head of the coven the rest of them didn't have any powers, she had been draining the powers from them years ago. They had nothing left to offer."

"She was just one branch of a much bigger coven. There are more of them out there, like her. She was just following orders."

"Then we'll go back to our pack lands and we'll question the ones that took captive. They were her most trusted allies, they should know more about these other branches and how to get to them." My mother said standing from the couch and putting a comforting hand try to and console Allie. I could tell she was just moments away from bursting into tears.

"That's not the only thing I came to tell you," she looked at me for a moment. Like she couldn't tell if she wanted to continue speaking or not. I nodded at her telling her it was okay to continue. "The leader of the entire coven branches wants to meet with you, they're not happy that you killed one of the leaders of their branches. They want blood."

-_--_--_--_-

Don't be afraid to let me know what you think! I value my readers input, and I enjoy reading comments, and I'll read any messages you send me. So really don't be afraid to reach out and let me know what you think!

Song of the chapter is Chandelier by Sia!

Comment!

Share!

Vote!

Fan!

Love,

Nikkie!