Chapter Eight

It's a quiet for a couple of weeks, no new messages from anybody outside of the pack. I still hadn't gotten my memory back from my encounter in the woods. More flashes of memory had started coming to me, but I still couldn't piece them together. It was almost like reading a book when all the words were just scrambled, it was too hard to make sense of no matter how hard I tried.

Kieran was teaching me more about my wolf side, he'd actually started training to fight in my wolf form. I was getting better at shifting too. It use to take me a while to shift, but now I'd shifted enough that it only took me seconds. I was learning how to control the wolf side of my body. I hadn't had anymore more moments where my wolf had taken control, which I was glad for.

Last time I'd left my wolf have control I'd almost ended up killing somebody, I was determined to not let it happen again. I still hadn't been able to talk to Allie, I'd hardly seen her since what had happened in the forest with my wolf. When I had seen her she normally left the room just after I'd entered. Making some excuse that people normally believed, but I knew the real reason. She was scared of me, scared that I was going to hurt her again, scared that my wolf would take control.

I'd found the perfect moment to talk to Allie when her and Jonah had showed up while I was training with Kieran and another one of his trained fighters. "Alpha I need to talk to you for a moment," Jonah said to Kieran. The pack warrior and me both turned to look at Jonah, pausing in our fight. I watched as Kieran nodded before turning back to where we were standing.

"Why don't we take a break for a couple of minutes?" We both nodded as my eyes met Allie's who was standing next to Jonah. She reached for his hand grabbing it tightly and I could smell the slight scent of fear that was rolling off her. I don't think anybody else could smell it though, or they didn't pay attention to it. I went behind a tree to shift back and get dressed. When I came back out Jonah and Kieran had walked away from us, making sure to stay out of the range of our hearing and talk quietly so we wouldn't be able to hear.

The warrior had wandered off somewhere, not that I minded. He'd be back, I'm sure Kieran would call for him when the break was done. I walked over to Allie and stood in front of her, she downcasted her eyes to the ground. Her feet fidgeting in the dirt underneath her shoe. "I wanted to apologize for what happened Allie that day in the woods. I'm sure Jonah already told you this, but I didn't know if you would of believed what I told him. My wolf had taken control, I didn't know how to fight her. I couldn't fight her she was to strong, not until the very end. I didn't mean to hurt you, I never wanted to."

"I know, they told me something like that would happened. That's why she'd called me to face you, she was hoping that you'd get rid of me. She was hoping that your wolf would've overpowered you, she wanted me to die."

"Why work for people like that? Why were they trying to kill you? Do you know what they want from me?"

"I can't fight them I've been under their thumb since I was little girl. They use magic on me to make sure I do what they want me to do. I can't fight it they're too strong, there magic is too strong. I've only heard parts of their plan for you. I don't know exactly what they want you for, I just know it's something about your wolf."

"My wolf? What do they want with my wolf?"

"From what I've heard your wolf is powerful. She's stronger than any wolf that's known in the werewolf community. I don't know why, I never heard them say why. They know why you're wolf is strong though, but they make sure to keep it under wraps so nobody else finds out. They have plans for you, and once they get there hands on you they're going to make sure you do what they want you to do."

"If my wolf is as powerful as they think, is that the reason that I wasn't able to control her that time in the woods? Is that why I couldn't fight her? Why I couldn't stop her from doing what she did?" I said as I looked over Allie in front of me, the scratches had healed, but in my eyes it was like they were still there. I was transferred back to her wolf form, the blood staining her coat as I stood over her.