Chapter 32

LEXI'S POV

"Are you going to the trial?" Xavier asks me. Ever since i had woken up, it was almost like he was afraid to let me out of his sight.

"Yeah, I am. They need my testimony. I just don't know if Nikki will go. I'm afraid to that she won't be able to take it." I tell him while doing my hair. He spins me around and leans in to kiss me when someone knocks on the door. Xavier gets up to open the door, sighing dramatically as he goes. He opens the door and Nikki walks in.

"Lexi, I need something to wear to the trial." She says. Her voice cracks at the end and i know that it was a very hard decision for her to make.

"Yeah lets find you something." I tell. Out of the corner of my eye i see Xavier leave the room . We spend about half an hour ransacking my closet before Nikki explodes.

"Why did he have to kill Mom and Dad. It wasn't their fault that they fell in love. Plus wasn't Mom a full witch? How did she have two soulmates?" She manages to get out between sobs.

"It doesn't happen very often, a full witch getting two soulmates. If the soulmate dies before they meet Fate pairs them up with another who suffered the same thing. Xavier's theory is that John soulmate died before they met and when dad turned into a vampire, it was like he had died, so she still had him as a mate but Fate believed that Dad had died so they were never going to meet." I explain. Xavier and I had done some research in the last two months since i had woken up.

"So does that mean that because John and Mom had already met he couldn't get another soulmate?"

"Yeah." i answer with a sigh. I look toward the mess and a floral print skirt that i haven't worn since i bought it, catches my eye. "Nikki do you have a white shirt?"

"I have a white blouse." she answers confusion written all over her face.

"Put that on with this and black sandals. Minimal makeup and hair half up half down. Hurry up, we're leaving in an hour." I tell her as i hand her the skirt.

"Thanks."

As she leaves i smooth out my black dress. I start to pick up the mess that Nikki had made. It had always been like this. She would make a mess and i would have to pick up the pieces. When we were little it was toys, but as we got older it became vampire bodies, or human ones when we got there too late. I hear the door open and warmness flooding my body and i know that Xavier is back.

"Hey, what's this mess all about?" He asks as he helps me pick up my clothes from the floor.

"Just Nikki letting off some steam. Think you can manage this, I still have to finish doing my hair." I reply, not even bothering to look at him.

As i was finishing with my hair Nikki comes in, looking like a business woman.

"Hey, are you guys ready yet?" She asks me.

"Yeah we would have been ready hours ago but your sister is a perfectionist and wouldn't stop until her hair was perfect." Xavier answers her.

"Let's stop dissing me and get to the trial. If we don't hurry up, we're gonna be late." I tell them grabbing my purse. "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go." I continue while heading for the door.

@@@@@@@

We arrive at the place the trial would take place. It looked like a courtroom but it had a secret passage that lead to the witch courtroom. I had only been here once before, and that was for the exam that all witches have to take before they are let out to hunt. It is taken on the first day of the month you were born in. That time it was sectioned into 6 catergories. Potions, spells, combat, disposal of a vampire, vampire weak points, and the written section. Today, it's one big room, filled with chairs for the all the different covens that will come together.