Chapter 16

LEXI'S POV

It's Friday and I'm sitting in the bleachers with Xavier waiting for the game to begin. I see Wren on the field and I turn to Xavier creating a curtain with my hair. Over the last two days we had become incredibly close and because of this Wren was trying harder than ever to get back with me. And I was trying harder to avoid him. "And then I felt bad because I had to tell her that I already have a date." Xavier says, finishing his story.

 "Did she ask who?" I ask him curious. "Yeah, when I told her it was you she said 'of course she has like every guy here wrapped around her fingers, even the nerds."

"Oh my God. She actually said that?!?!?" I ask while laughing. It's safe to say that the majority of the girls thought that I was a major s!ut since I instantly became popular.

"Yep then she went on to ask me if you had already slept with me." He keeps on going.

"Damn. What did you say?" I ask. This was getting better by the second. The b!tches actually thought that I slept around. As if. A witch cannot have $ex until they find their soul mate. It we do then the person we sleep with die or fall into a coma.

"Well I told her that you have more self respect then that." I smile at him.

"Thank you for defending my honor." I say in a joking matter. Through my hair I see that the game is about to start. I turn to the field and watch the game. Halfway through the game I feel Xavier playing with my hair. I look at him just in time to see him take of his beanie and put it on my head being careful to cover my ears.

"Thank you." I whisper to him. I lean my head in his shoulder and he wraps his arm around me. The game ends with us winning making it more of a reason to celebrate tomorrow at the dance. We walk together to the parking lot with his arm around my waist. For some reason I feel safe in his arms. We reluctantly move apart. "What time should I pick you up tomorrow?" he asks his face really close to mine.

"How about 6? I'll text you my address."

"Six it is." He says, his breath fanning my face. I'm looking up at him lost in the moment. When I hear my name being called I curse under my breath after recognizing the voice.

"See you tomorrow." I call over my shoulder as I get on my bike before Wren can catch up to me. I'm making my way home when I get a sudden craving for a blizzard. I stop at Nina's Arctic Queen for a flurry. I take of my helmet but my head is still warm. I touch my head and realize that I still have Xavier's beanie. I order and sit on the bench enjoying my ice cream in the cool Michigan fall weather.

"Hey!" A voice exclaims loudly. I slowly open my eyes and glare at the girl before recognizing her.

"Hi, Ashlee is it?"

"Yeah. I haven't seen you around since the day in the library."

"Well I've been busy with volleyball and avoiding a cheating and stalking ex."

"Wow!" she says with wide eyes. I look down at my ice cream to see that I had finished it.

"Well I'll see you at the homecoming dance and game if you go." I say with a wave. I get to the apartment that uncle John rented for me. I hated feeling like a freeloader.

I crawl into bed. I haven't tried the link to see if it works but tonight isn't the night. I fall into a dream less sleep.

Morning comes and I make myself breakfast. I remember to text Xavier my address. I tidy up the house and before I know it Vivianna and Jessica are in the house/apartment that I'm renting. They start on my hair and makeup. "You can't look in the mirror until we tell you to but don't worry you are going to knock your date right of his feet." Jessica tells me. A few hour later they say they have finished but still don't let me look in the mirror. I put on my dress and face them. And then the gushing begins. "You look amazing." They both squeal at the same time. They give each other high fives. They unveil the body length mirror. My hair is in ribbon curls and half pinned up. My bangs were cut into side bangs. My makeup brings out the gold flecks in my eyes and the red lip stick makes me look classy and not trashy. My dress is a white, floor length, one shoulder number that I ordered online. There is a slit up on side and a wide sparkly belt around my waist. I slip on red heels to match my lip stick. The bell rings and the girls rush down to answer the door. I silently walk down the hall and I can hear the girls giving Xavier the 20 degree.