Chapter 24

LEXIS POV

It was a week before Halloween and the girls were over at my place getting the finishing touches figured out for the dance. I look up to see Liz dancing around the living room. "Hey I'm going to get snacks." I say with a smile. I get up and walk into the kitchen. I feel a shift in the air but make nothing of it. "Lexi, didn't you go to the kitchen to get snacks?" I hear Alyssa ask.

I peek around the corner to see what the hell was going on in the living room. I see my twin standing in the middle looking confused at the commotion around her. "NIKKI!!" I shriek in excitement as I run to her. "You didn't call, text, email, or keep in contact in any way! Did you find him?" I ask her immediately.

"Yes I found Jace and I came back to tell you more." I could tell by her facial expression that she didn't want to get way into the conversation because of the girls.

"Oh, where are my manners. Girls this is my twin Nikki. Nikki, this is Alyssa, Kayla, and Liz." I introduce them and they all acknowledge each other. Just then my phone goes off and I hear Xavier's signature tone go of.

"Hey guess who's here?" I tell him as soon as I pick up. "I know, it's Nikki. Otherwise you wouldn't bother telling me." He answers. We have only been together for almost a month for now but it's almost like its been years. I can't imagine my life without him.

"Anyways what did you call for?" I ask. 

"Can you construct a three way mind link?" he asks me. 

"Yeah, it's simple. I'll get on it." All I really need is to hold Nikki's hands and one of Xavier's possessions in the middle of us. Also Nikki and I have to chant the spell at the same time.

I hang up and pretend to dial another number. Looking straight at Nikki I say, 

"Seems like someone forgot to unblock me." She got the hint and unblocks our mind link. "Nikki we need to three way mind link with Xavier." She nods slightly.

"Okay girls. I think it's time me wrap thing up. My Uncle is going to be home in a few hours and I haven't cooked dinner yet, plus I have to catch up with my sister." I tell my friends. They start to gather everything and leaving it neatly on the coffee table. They wave goodbye and leave in separate cars.

I turn to Nikki before taking off the shirt I was wearing. I grab one sleeve of it and Nikki grabs the other and we join our hands in a circle. I see her nod at me and we start to chant the spell. The candles around the house start to burn brightly. Our chanting gets louder and louder and the lights start flickering before they turn off completely. Suddenly I feel a click and our chanting gets quieter until it stops and the rest of the house goes back to normal.

"Xavier, you there?" I hear Nikki ask and Xavier answers. 

"Okay what did you want to tell us?" I ask him. 

"Nikki, Lexi, I know where your uncle goes to every time he 'disappears'."

 "Okay where?" Nikki and I ask at the same time. 

"You won't believe me but I'll be home in, maybe, five minutes and I'll project my memories of what I saw on a sheet. Have it ready for me." He says before shutting his side of the link. I shrug before running to the 'guest' room and getting a sheet to hang. I do a simple spell so that the sheet will hang straight without having to climb a ladder to tie it up.

I hear a pop in the dead silence. I turn around to see Xavier standing right behind me. I move to give him a kiss but he slowly shakes his head, meaning later. "Nikki get in the living room right now!" I yell at her. She walks in and the memory begins.

********memory***********

There are trees all over until and the vantage point moves until a cottage comes into focus. It looks abandoned and has 'no trespassing' signs all over the property. There's rustling a little to the left and I see my uncle emerge from the woods looking awfully suspicious, glancing over his shoulder every few seconds. He seems satisfied at last and he walks with his usual confidence to the cabin and knocks a pattern on the door. 'Knock-knock, knock, knock-knock.' The door opens and a my uncle makes a spell so that the clearing becomes dark like the night. Fairy lights light up the clearing making the setting look romantic. A beautiful woman walks out and I feel the energy coming off her. She's a rogue. "John I thought that you weren't coming." She said in a sweet melodic voice. 

"I'll always come. The twins have started to investigate their past. If we're not careful they'll uncover the truth." 

"Come in. There could be ears after you." With that they walk into the cabin and the memory ends.

*********present time********

"WHAT!!" I hear Nikki exclaim as soon as the memory is over. "I can't believe John is meeting up with a rouge. He has some explaining to do."

"Nikki you can't confront him out of no where. He's already suspicious of us. We have to lay low for a while. Enroll to school here and pretend to live a normal life." I tell her, trying to talk sense into her.

"Lexi is right you can't randomly demand answers." Xavier says backing me up.

Nikki nods and stomps to her room furiously. I start to follow her when Xavier grabs my wrist and pulls me back. "Leave her alone. She won't do anything impulsive. She just needs to think about everything." Just then there is a knock on the door. I open the door and two vampires push past me.

I recognize one of them as Alex but the other one I don't know who it is. The other one starts walking around the house before yelling for my sister. I roll my eyes and hurry to the guest room. I walk in and see her laying in the bed. Staring at the ceiling with her headphones plugged into her phone. I shake her gently until she opens he eyes. "Nikki some vamps are here to see you." She nods and I leave the room pulling Xavier out of the living room and into our room. I put in 'Step Up' and Xavier groans. 

"Shhh it's starting." I tell him. We settle down to watch Channing Tatum dominate the dance floor while my sister dominated those two crazy, lunatic vampires in my living room. Before I know it my eyes start to droop and I fall asleep in Xavier's arms.