Chapter 27

Nikki's (P.O.V)

We had finally landed and I went to the bathroom. I had to pee really bad. My head was kind of hurting since we had to leave.

Right as Jace had gone in to kiss me I had turned my head so he could kiss my cheek. It hurt a lot on my part to do that but I know kissing him would get him more attached. I let him hug me, I could tell he was disappointed that I hadn't let him kiss me. I didn't cry while we were still there.

I finished washing my hands and dried them. When I was done I went back to the sink and slashed some cold water on my face to wake me up. I dried my face and as I was about to throw the paper towel away. I felt someone near me but it wasn't a good kind of feeling that I was getting from this person. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

I turned around fast just in time to see a guy suddenly fully appear behind me. I slipped down and tried to swip his legs from underneath him but he had anticipated my move as he moved out of the way.

He then came at me with a knife trying to pin me down. I tried to get the knife out of his hand. I grabbed his hand and twisted it until he let go of the knife. I got on top of his back holding him down and pinning him to the ground.

"I suggest you tell me who sent you or I will slit your throat slowly and painfully until you do." 

"I'm not telling you anything." Replied the guy that was under me.

 "I wouldn't be so sure about that." I smiled a wicked smile as I picked up his knife with my free hand. Why don't I have a bit of fun before I send him to the other side, I thought to myself.

I began to dig the knife into his his thigh and he started to hold back his screams every time I started going deeper and going down. I lifted it out fast and I heard his sharp in take of breath as I did. "Now have you changed your mind." "No," he whispered. "Well that's just too bad."

I began to do the same thing I had done on the other thigh. "I'm waiting."

I casted a spell to take his shirt off so I could begin cutting his back up a bit. As the shirt disappeared I saw a tattoo that I had seen before. My uncle had the same one. He also had those same tattoo symbols painted around the house.

Next thing I know I start to see red. I pick up the knife and slit his throat. He didn't even have time to scream as he died. "I hope you enjoy where your going, to hell." I knew his last sence to leave him would be his hearing. I knew he had heard me.

I cast a spell to clean up the mess and hide the body. I got out of the bathroom just in time to see Lexi getting injected with a needle.

I started running towards her, but before I could get to her she vanished with her attacker. I could feel the tears pouring down my face. How could I let this happen. I still ran to where she had been even after they disappeared. Most witches leave marks to where their going since they aren't powerful.

I made myself invisible as I sat down at the spot where they had vanished. I started chanting a spell. After five minutes of chanting. I knew just where he had taken her.

That bitch did this on purpose. That fucking ass hole wants me to go alone. He wants to get both Lexi and me. I can't go alone though. I know he'll have a bunch of crazy witches there ready to capture me to.

My phone started to go off and as I took it out I saw it was Xavier. I put my mask back on not letting the emotions get to me.

I accepted the call. "Nikki where is she!?" 

"I can't tell you over the phone. Its not safe." I hung up. I couldn't let them get involved this is something I would have to do. I didn't want to feel responsible for Xavier or Jace's death.

I needed a plan though. I picked up my bags and Lexi's. I walked out of the airport and flagged down a taxi. I told him to take me to a hotel.

I starred out the window. I was so mad at myself. How could I let something like that happen.

I opened up mine and Lexi's link she was still unconscious. I started walking around in her head trying to find her so I could talk to her before she woke up.

I found her sleeping in a field that her mind had made up. I sat down beside her. "Lexi," I whispered "wake up." Slowly her eyes started to open up.

 "Nikki where are we." I couldn't look at her. I was so ashamed that I couldn't help her.

I glanced back at her to see the realization of what had happened. "Nikki, stop it! This isn't your fault. I should've been keeping my guard up." 

"But it is my fault I couldn't reach you in time and they took you." 

"Just stop it Nikki and tell me everything that you know."

"Your unconscious somewhere in our uncle's house and I'm not sure what to do. I might go in alone to get you." 

"No Nikki you can't go in alone now. Your going to need help." 

"Lex I can't put people in danger." 

"You have to understand that I want to see you alive Nik and if you go in alone you're going to die. I won't have both of us die, not when that bastard is still alive."

Lexi and I talked for a while more until I felt our connection breaking because her physical body was regaining consciousness.

I was still in the taxi when I came back. We were pulling up to the hotel. I paid the driver and thanked him as I walking into the hotel and checked in.

I went into my room only to be met with Xavier and Alex. Xavier looked so torn and I felt terrible.

After a while Xavier finally spoke. "I have a plan, but this time my coven is getting involved into this." 

"So are some of my friends," spoke Jace. 

"You guys that's nice of you but I can't have anymore people put in danger. I don't want you to do something like this." 

"Nikki just stop pretending like you don't need anyone's help. We're doing this because its you and Lexi. Our soulmates are the one's in danger. Now stop being a hard ass and let us help."

What Jace said shocked me. It took me a while to regain my composure. "Okay but won't your dad be mad." 

"Nikki when I talked to my dad, trust me he wants to see your uncle gone just as much as you wants to and he's really not such a bad person as other people make him out to be." I slowly smiled up at him. 

"Okay than lets get started because I want Lexi back and that bastard dead as soon as possible," said Xavier.