Chapter 12

Lexi's P.O.V

I wake up and I don't recognize my surroundings. I hear footsteps headed my way and and I close my eyes and make my breathing deep and even. "Shhhhh she's still sleeping." I hear Ian say.

 "Okay and thank you for calling me." I hear Blake answer. And I'm surprised to hear that they didn't call my Uncle John or Vivi's parents. I listen but I can't catch the rest of their whispered words.

My mind races but I can't come to a conclusion of why Blake is here instead of my uncle. Before I know it tears are running down my cheeks and my body is shaking. "She's going into shock." I hear one of them say but I can't tell which one. I feel someone touch me and its too much for me. I do a turn and flip of the bed and get into my fighting stance.

"Calm down. I was the one who touched you." Blake tells me in a reassuring way.

"Both of you get away from me."

"Lexi calm down." Ian tells me in the way you would tell a two year old having a tantrum. Then I just SNAP.

"LEAVE ME THE FU(K ALONE. I NEED TO BE BY MYSELF. YOU I LEFT TO CAME HERE TO GET RID OF WREN AND HE FOLLOWS ME HERE. HOW YOU KNOW WHERE I WAS HUH BLAKE. YOU COULDN'T GET WITH NIKKI SO NOW YOU WANT TO SEE IF I'LL CAVE IN. AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME THAT YOU WERE GOING TO BE TEACHER IN A SCHOOL AFTER I TOLD YOU I WAS ONLY 16 YSARS OLD. Both of you just leave I want to be alone." I shriek. I can see the shock and guilt in their faces before they leave me alone like I asked them to.

Knowing that they would be waiting outside the room I open the window and leave. I find my way to my motorcycle and make my way over to Detroit. I need to get the stress out of my body and Detroit has the best clubs and vampires love to go there. I stop at the mall for clothes and food and I shop until closeing time. Before hitting the club I go to a gas station to change but then I realize that it's a Monday and no club is open. I could go to a bar but Wayne state university is close by so I can crash one of the frat parties.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I feel the music pounding all over my body. The song is some Top 40 mix. I grab a red Solo cup and I move to the dance floor. Dancing I feel someone behind me. With out checking to see who it is I start to dance against him. The song ends and I leave him to get another drink. I see a familiar face in the crowd and I go after it not thinking just acting on instinct. I follow the figure outside and the alarms are going if in my head. I see the vampire who got away from my sister and I a few weeks back. I smile when I see the panic in her face when she sees me behind her.

"Why don't we pick up where we left off." I state sounding more confident then I felt. I haven't taken down a vampire without Nikki before so I'm kinda nervous. I get into my fighting stance and motion her forward. "I'll even let you throw the first hit." I taunt her. I see the uncertain look on her face and straighten out of my stance and walk closer to her. "Are you scared? Because if I were you I would have already pissed my pants." I say walking closer to her. I see the rage fill her eyes an I know I'm one comment from her snapping so I choose the one thing that always works. "Well if you aren't going to fight I'll go back in an enjoy myself. Maybe that one cute guy you were talking to would like to have private time with me." I say with a smirk before turning around to leave the backyard.

I count to three and twirl around and get in my stance, blocking her fist just in time. I relax and just let instinct take over and before I know it I have a dead vampire laying close to me. I close my eyes and turn her body to dust which then blows in the wind. Before any of this only witches could see what was going on. No humans could see this.

"What the hell just happened." I whip my head so fast that my neck cracks.

"What did you see?" I ask approaching the guy.

"Everything, but my friend was standing next to me for like five minutes and he said he didn't see anything. How did that happen?"

 "Give me your hand. I have to read you so I know what you are." He gives me his hand and I can see that he doesn't know anything about the supernatural world an he definitely didn't know that he was part of this world.

"She was a vampire and I'm a witch. Witches kill vampires. She escaped me and my sister about a month ago. And you were watching so you see how she came at me first." I give the short version of what happened.

"How does that explain why I saw it but my friend didn't?" he asks me.

"Well I put a spell so that no human could see the fight the only way some could have seen it would be if they were part of the supernatural world themselves."

"So what am I??"

"Well your powers aren't fully developed but they are developed enough for me to know that you are a witch but not a full one. You're a werewolf witch. Lets go some where else and I'll tell you more if you want."

"Okay." We leave the party and go to a small cafe. After sitting in our booth I cast an illusion spell so that it seems we're a couple out for late night coffee.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Bye and thank you I'll see you next week." Peter says after swapping numbers. He gets in his car and I hop on my bike and I make my way home.

I get home on time to shower and change to go to school. I stop for caffeine and I walk into class just before the bell rings. The girls on the team ask me why I didn't make it to practice last night and I just tell them that I didn't feel good. The rest of the day it's like I'm autopilot. Go to class, sit through class, leave class, and repeat. Before I know it I'm standing outside the choir room. I take a deep breath and walk in like I own the place. I see Ian but I look away and make my way over to the soprano section. We start singing exercises and I get lost in the world of music. Music and training/sports are my escapes from my thoughts.

The final bell rings and soon I'm left alone with Ian. "I'm sorry Lexi but I didn't know that this was your school." I just nod not finding words. "I'll always be as your friend." He continues. I nod again. I snort with laughter after thinking that Nikki would have paid to see me speechless as least once in life.

 "Okay, fine we're fine. Just friends." I say with a smile but I can tell he is still worried about me. The rest of the week is calm and my life settles into a routine.

Friday, Alyssa and I go homecoming dress shopping. I walk into Windsors and the sales lady comes up to me. Hey honey, did you forget to get something." She asks.

"Um yeah I need shoes to complete my outfit but I forgot to take picks can you help me find what I bought last time?" I ask a theory already forming in my head. She leads me towards the dresses and shows me a dress in blue and black and my size.

"Aww honey where's you boyfriend today??" she asks.

"He stayed home. Said that shopping was a girl thing." I say with, what I hope is, a sad smile.

 "Tell me when you find the shoes and ill give you a discount like I did yesterday." I see the dress in red and black and I grab it along with red heels and a silver dress. She rings it up and I head out with Alyssa. She doesn't ask questions which is why I like to hang out with her over the rest.

I see a flash of familiar dark brown hair and i take of after the person but soon I loose her in a sea of people. I go back to where Alyssa is looking confused. "I thought I saw someone I know but it turned out it wasn't." I explain. She nods not fully convinced but I was. Nikki is in Michigan.