Chapter 31

NIKKI'S P.O.V

The scare with being worried about Lexi was over. I swear I think she gave me some gray hairs from how worried I was.

The news about our parents was a bit much. I had been overwhelmed with what Lexi had showed me.

I did go see my uncle like I said I would. Still no one has found out about it. I haven't told anyone, but I know Jace knows about it. I see him wanting to ask me about it but he always stops himself.

When I saw John in his cell he tried to attack me and screamed profanities at me. He wished he had killed me and Lexi when he had the chance. The whole time I didn't say anything that I had planned to say. Instead I watched him. I felt bad for him. His hair was a mess, his clothes were torn, he was covered in dirt. The worst part was he was in a cell that restricted his powers. Witches are nothing without their powers. I stayed their for two hours. I watched him cry and grow tired as he constantly banged his cell trying aimlessly to get to me. In the end he fell to the floor. I cried for him. For the way he had turned out to be, how everything ended. I cried in their with him. I promised myself that after I left his cell I wouldn't ever cry for him again, and I haven't since than.

Alex came back, so far he hadn't caused any trouble but I still occasionally felt his jealousy when Jace was around me. I saw the resentment in his eyes, the longing to be with me was still there. I couldn't blame him, I understood that it was still hard for him to get over the fact that I was destined to be with Jace.

Well not only Jace, I was still bothered by the fact that there was still someone else out there who could also be my soul mate. Why did destiny have to give me two soul mates. Why couldn't one be enough.

Lexi and Xavier were so much better. At times I caught Xavier giving Lexi longing looks full of love when she wasn't looking. I could see how scared he had been from almost losing her. Every time I saw them they would be together. I knew Xavier was still scared that he was going to lose her.

It would have been bad if he had lost her. I've heard of witches losing their soul mates. Some are so heart broken that they turn evil or even worse they become so distraught that they lose control of their powers. When something like that happens their own coven has to do the unthinkable and eliminate them. Not all end up like this of course but I always prepare for the worse.

It's just like having sex, when the condom breaks prepare for the worst. Well then again if you have sex period, always prepare for the worst.

Anyways, trying to get off of that not so clean subject. The council meeting is tomorrow, all of the witches from each coven had started pouring in since the beginning of the week.

We had decided to host the meeting in the woods since most witches are very in tune with nature. It would also be held at midnight since as you know that's the witching hour so technically the meeting is tonight.

Lexi, other people, and I had decided to set up invisible tables to hold food and refreshments for after the meeting. We counted on torches and light bugs to provide the lights we needed. I know you must be thinking how can that many people in a forest go unnoticed by others. Well there are perks of being a witch so some other witches had come together and said they'd provide the invisibility we would need so people wouldn't see us but we would be able to see them if they got close.

See witches aren't all that bad, but I won't lie there are evil witches out there. One evil witch in particular would steal babies from their cribs and she would skin them and make clothes out of their skin and a lot of things. She claimed to have liked their skin for how soft it was. It's witches like that one that gives all witches a bad name.

I had decided to wear a simple sun dress with no shoes. Of course I was getting ready for the meeting and so were the others. I braided flowers into my hair.

The nervousness and excitement in the air was almost tangible with so many witches around.

It was eleven thirty so we had all decided to start heading to the forest. Jace was beside me holding my hand. "You look beautiful," he whispered into my ear. I smiled at him. I would see people occasionally giving us curious glances. They could all sense what he was. For some reason Jace didn't seem to mind. I would see some teen witches trying to check him out but when they spotted who he was with they would bow their head in shame. They knew they didn't stand a chance and he was my soul mate.

Finally we got to the clearing. Everyone filed around the makeshift stage we had set up. The leaders started to walk to the stage which included Lexi and I.

There was a podium and chairs on the stage.

As the moon got higher in the sky we knew it was time. Lexi and I had decided to lead the meeting.

We both walked to the podium and watched as everyone bowed to us in respect.

"Well hello fellow witches, as many of you have heard of why the soulless fighters coven and the daeva coven (daeva means demons of darkness) have come together. We are merging together to become one." Lexi said this with ease. She looked at me signalling that it was my turn.

"We are here tonight to also finalize everything. There will not be one leader as before but our new coven will be made up of a council of leaders. This way we will consider all sides on what is good for the coven. Our new coven sha'll be named the Metatron coven (metatron is angel). As we already have taken into consideration that all of you may not be happy with the new changes. We will let you leave the coven if you wish, we won't cause you any harm or do anything if you do decide to leave, it's your own decisions."

We took a moments pause and their was murmuring in the crowd but ultimately everyone became silent. In the end nobody left. This brought my spirits up. They must really love us if they don't want to leave. Well that and leaving would mean they would have to join a new coven, not all covens took well to newcomers. 

All of the witches on the stage got up. Lexi pulled the paper out stating that we would all rule the coven equally and vote on any major decisions. Lexi and I signed it first than the others signed as well.

"Well the meeting is over if any of you have questions you may come to any of us privately," said Lexi.

People started going to the tables and eating soon enough someone put some music on and witches started dancing and flying.

I just watched but I soon felt a pair of arms circle around my waist and from the butterflies in my stomach I knew it was Jace. "That wasn't so bad now was it," whispered Jace in my ear. I turned around to face him. "No it wasn't." I smiled at him, I knew I was smiling like an idiot. He made me this way.

Slowly I saw his lips getting closer to mine. This time I didn't push him away.

I felt his soft lips touch mine. His lips tasted like vanilla. He tasted so sweet. I heard a noise and soon figured out I had moaned. I was so embarrassed that I pulled away and hid my face quickly into his chest. My cheeks heated up and soon enough I heard him laugh.

**************************************

Today was my uncles trial which meant it was his sentencing. I was still debating if I should go or not. I still couldn't bring myself to hate my uncle.

I'm an understanding person that's why I just couldn't hate him. I didn't like him either but still.

Should I go.....

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

One more chapter people