Chapter 18

LEXIS POV

We arrive at my house after the club around 2am. "Want to come in?" I ask him as he parks in the drive.

"Sure my dad is away for the weekend so he isn't expecting me home anytime soon.'' We walk up the drive and I unlock the door.

"I'm sorry if it's a mess I live here alone." I say as I open the door.

"Are you emancipated?" he asks with an adorably confused look on him face.

"No. I moved here because I needed to get away from people."

"Wren?" He asks though he already knows the answer. I nod and we walk in.

"I'll be right back. I need to change out of this dress." I say before heading to my room. I walk in and change into my pjs. I walk into the living room to see Xavier looking at a picture of Nikki and I at freshman homecoming.

"Which one are you?" he asks without turning around.

 "Guess!" I say before walking over to him to look at the picture. Nikki and I are standing with our backs to each other while turning to face the camera. This has become one of my favorite pictures of all time.

"Are you the one in the blue?" he asks.

 "No Nikki, she's my twin, made me wear the pink dress. She said that I wasn't girly enough." I tell him with a laugh.

"Come on let's watch a movie." He says after studying the picture for a few more minutes.

"What do you want to watch because if you let me pick the movie will either be sad, a chick flick, have Channing Tatum in it, or some other guy that is hot in my eyes." I tell him before opening the cabinet with all the movies it it.

 He pulls out the first season of Arrow and asks, "What is this? Can we watch it?" I nod and he puts it in the DVD player.

We are halfway through the second episode the world goes black around me and I fall asleep.

***********

I wake up and the sun is shining outside. I'm in my room though I remember falling asleep on the couch. I'm still disoriented as I walk down the hall to the kitchen. I turn towards the living room and I see a body laying on the couch. I hear a scream pierce the morning silence and the body gets up from the couch looking extremely confused. The persons head turns toward me and I see that it's Xavier and I notice that I'm still screaming.

"Sorry I forgot you were here." I say sheepishly while blushing.

"It's cute when you blush." He says and I look at him seeing that he looks stunned of what came out of his mouth too.

 "Well....uh....do you want breakfast?" I ask awkwardly.

 "Yeah that's um fine?" He says while scratching his neck. He is still faintly blushing. I turn around an I can feel his gaze on me when I remember that the shirt I'm wearing is slightly longer than my shorts so that it looks like I'm not wearing shorts.

I start making pancakes and turn around when I sense him behind me. "I know your secret." He tells me. My face pales and I feel my heart drop.

"What?!?" I shriek "What secret?"

 "That you have a twin too and that you live alone." He tells me and I sigh.

The week goes by quickly and it feels like I'm dodging Wren more and more each day that goes by but at the same time I've been spending more time with Xavier. He went to every one of my volleyball games this week and he even made a poster with my name and number in my favorite colors. He blushed when I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

It's Friday and we are watching Arrow before going to the Memphis homecoming game. "So you're going to the homecoming dance with who again?" he asked me for the hundredth time this week.

"My friends little brother just broke up with his girlfriend and he has an extra ticket so he asked me to go with him." I explain for the hundredth time. At this point I don't know whether we're a couple or really close friends.

"What are we?" I ask him.

"Well...well I thought we were....um.....an item? But it's okay I just thought since we were cuddling on the couch that we were......never mind I'll just stop talking." He says with a blush. I smile an nod.

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I tease him further.

"Yes! No! I mean will you be my girlfriend?" I nod and give him a kiss in the cheek.

 " Now you just labeled our relationship." I say in a teasing tone. His eyes widen when he realizes that I caught his point during the first few seconds of his rambling.

He starts tickling me knowing that its my weakness. "STOP PLEASE STOP!!" I cry out. I fall of the couch and pull him down with me. Our faces get closer and I get lost in his eyes.

"Sorry sorry I didn't know you were busy." I hear a voice say. Xavier gets off me reluctantly an I turn toward Vivianna.

"Don't be he was just being stupid." I say shooting him a dirty look. "Anyways what did you need." I ask her.

"Oh..Right. I have a date later and I have nothing to wear." She tells me. I roll my eyes.

"Girl, I've seen you closet and you have more clothes than I do." Which is true and surprising. "Impossible!" I hear Xavier mumble from the couch.

 "Xavier shut up and you better not watch Arrow without me. Vivianna follow me I think I have exactly what you need."

We walk into my room and I take out a pair of black leather skinny jeans and red tank top. "Pair these with red heels and a black leather coat. Curl your hair and pin half of it back. Whatever you do, don't wear to much makeup." I instruct her.

"Girl, you came up with a better outfit in five minutes than I did in 3 hours." "Don't worry about it." I tell her with a smile.

 "Now go get ready for your hot date." I tell her with a wink.

"Don't have to much fun." She yells over the shoulder as she walks out of the house with the clothes in her hands. I walk into the living room after closing the room to see Xavier trying to calm down his blush.

"You heard that?" I ask him though there is no way he didn't. I bet people in a three block radius heard her. I put a pillow on Xavier's lap and lay my head down and he presses play. I hear the bell ring as soon as the episode of Arrow that we were watching is over. I get up to open the door thinking that Vivianna probably forgot something here again. I open the door and gasp. "Nikki!" I say before the world goes black around me once more.