Chapter 23

NIKKI'S (P.O.V)

"STOP!" They both stopped fighting only to look at me with surprised expressions. Did they honestly think I wouldn't wake up with all the noise they were making. It was like I was at a boxing match and unfortunately I had front row seats.

"Why are you-never mind you know what I don't want to hear it, but stop fighting. If you both want to fight you'll both have to fight me first. I am cranky and tired and trust me you do NOT want to mess with me right now!" They finally let go of each other. "I'm sorry Nikki," said Alex hanging his head down, shamefully. I almost felt bad, the key word being almost. I don't like being woken up especially if I'm tired.

"I'm really sorry, please forgive me," said Jace giving me a seductive smile. I felt as if I was about to faint. Ah! Is it hot in here or is it just me. I heard a chuckle "did I just say that out loud."

"Say what?" asked Alex. I started mentally slapping and punching myself. He can't hear me already can he, I thought to myself.

'I'm sorry I couldn't help but overhear your thoughts. For some reason I've been able to hear them since you woke up,' said Jace in my head. Now I really wanted to hide myself under the covers.

"Excuse me but can you guys stop starring at each other," said Alex a bit threateningly. 'Someone's jealous.'

"Yeah, sorry," I said. I broke the eye contact I had been keeping with Jace for some reason i could feel the mate pull wanting me to look back into Jace's eyes.

"So who are you going to be sleeping with the rest of the night," said Alex seductively looking at me. I heard a growl coming from Jace. He sounds so hot. Ah! Nikki stop it!

Ahg! How am I going to handle these two. I have to investigate I can't get side tracked.

'Just take it one step at a time,' replied Jace a bit calmer now in my head. 'Stop listening to my thoughts,' I said in my head as I threw what I hope looked like an evil glare at him. I gave Alex a smile,"I know just who I'll be sleeping with." Alex seemed to start smiling at this. "I'm sleeping by myself, so GET OUT!"

Their smiles both deflated as they started walking to the door. They both looked back hoping I would change my mind. Too bad thats not happening. I almost wanted to drag Jace in here but I was fighting the mate pull as much as I could. As the door closed behind them I layed back down and put the covers up over me.

'Why am I so attracted to her? What's happening to me? Why do I feel like this?'

'I'll talk to you and try to explain things to you in the morning.' I felt his surprise through our mind link. 'I'm sorry but I'm going to try and cut off the link for as long as I can.'

 'Please don't.'

I didn't reply instead I started casting the spell. This would only work for a while. A soulmate bond is hard to cut off, it has to be re-opened once in a while but I wasn't going to be opening it for a while. I finished the spell and felt it start working instantly.

At Lexi's house on my free time I had done some research on the whole soulmate thing. I only knew the basics. I still need to look more into it but right now I'm really tierd and need some sleep.

I closed my eyes and felt myself drifting off to sleep.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I opened my eyes, only to have to shut them again because of the blinding, morning sunlight. I'm so tired, I managed to drag myself out of bed and into the shower. I let the cold water hit me and I felt myself fully waking up.