Chapter 13

Nikki's POV

I sat down on the bed that was in the room and smiled seductively at the cute creepy guy. He smiled back and sat down next to me. He started to kiss me and as he was dristracted I pulled out the knife from my shoe. I pretended as if I was going to take off his shirt. I was really moving some material out of the way so I could hit my target. All of a sudden though there was a loud crash behind me. The undead pulled away from me and I hid my knife turning around and seeing Alex. "Do you have to ruin everything?." He didn't even bother to look at me. Alex was too pissed off right now it looked like he was about to rip off the cute dead guy's head off. Damn it, why does he get to have all the fun.

I backed up as they both began to hiss and they started to fight. I put a spell so anyone passing by would see an empty room and wouldn't hear anything. I started to walk away as they continued to fight. Alex could handle himself. He would definitely kill the cute undead guy, oh well it was nice knowing him while it lasted.

I went back to where the whole club was and headed to for the bar. I was on my fourth shot of vodka when Alex showed up. "How'd you find me?"

"I followed your scent, its hard for me to miss, considering you smell so good." Really was Alex actually trying to hit on me. I got up fron the bar. "Come on Nikki lets go home."

"No, I'm staying. You ruined my fun and made me upset so I'm staying." I walked away and headed over to this cute guy who seemed really shy and had some cute nerdy glasses. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up, I whispered in his ear hoping Alex wouldn't hear what I was saying,"lets go dance."

I pulled the guy out to the dance floor with me. After a while the guy seemed to loosen up. Well actually I might have made him drink some shots with me so he would loosen up. Its the same thing. He started to grind up on me and that's when Alex finally lost it. He pulled the guy away from me and he started to dance with me instead. He grabbed me kind of hard, someone needs anger management classes. The night carried on and I drank shot after shot. I lost count.

****************************

I woke up in Alex's bed. My head was pounding. Wait! I gotta check are my clothes still on. I pulled the covers up. I looked down. Yay! My clothes were on and intact. I got up out of his bed. I found him sprawled out on the living room floor watching a movie. I went into the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of Jack Daniels to cure my hangover. I took three shots and got some cereal. After I was finished I joined Alex on the floor.

"Get dressed Nikki, we're going to the store to buy you a dress for tonight."

 "Wait, what am I doing tonight?"

"We, and its a surprise. I thought you liked surprises."

"I do." Did, I thought, that was until my supposedly dead boyfriend showed up, surprise.

I got up, showered and got dressed. I met Alex outside and I got into his car. I turned on the radio. I wondered what Alex had planed for us tonight.

As we kept driving I saw signs saying we were getting closer to Detroit. Alex parked at a fast food parking lot and we got out to go look for a dress store. Alex spotted one but as we got closer I sensed someone that I knew inside. I looked inside through the glass and saw Lexi about to come out the door.

I grabbed Alex's hand and told him to run. The adrenaline kicked in and I ran, not checking to see if Alex was behind me and pushing through people. She cannot see me or him no matter what happens. I ran turning past two corners and finally slowed down.

"Well that was close," said Alex.

"Wait! Did you know already that she was inside?"

 "Lets go to that dress store on that corner," said Alex pointing to another dress store. I'm guessing that's a yes.

I walked up to him and smiled a nice big smile and I punched him right in his face. "Ah! That hurt."

 "Serves you right and forget it I'm going home, you have some nerve Alex I swear. You weren't this much of a jerk when we were together."

 "How are you going home you don't even have keys?"

 I smiled seductively at him and said,"baby you should know, when you looke like me a ride is never too hard to find. Plus I am a witch I can compel people. Make the birds dance. Make the grass grow. I can do just about anything."

Right than and there I casted an invisibility spell on myself so he could leave me alone. "Nikki this isn't funny."

 I climbed up on his back and whispered in his ear, "it isn't supposed to be. I'll see you at home." I kissed his cheek and jumped off his back.

All the way home I hitch hiked on top of cars. Hey, no one could see me and I like to have fun. I might be a little reckless sometimes, but who isn't. I walked to rest of the way to Alex's house. I still had the invisibility spell up. I passed through the door so I didn't have to open it.

I found Alex in my room with a beautiful simple dress layed out on my bed. "Nikki I know your in here, I can smell your scent." I didn't bother to undo the spell as I walked up to him, went up on my tip toes and kiss him on the lips. He may be a jerk sometimes but he was really great at making up for it later.