Chapter 14

Lexi's POV

I cast a spell on the door so that its invisible. I get my spell book out and stare at it. I haven't used it in the longest time. I take a deep breath and open it with my mind to the spell I need. A linking spell that no matter what, will work. But to make it work I need something that will bind it from me. I grab a knife and press it to my wrist but the moment before I make the cut I hear Nick, the youngest Macias, screaming my name.

"Lexi! Lexi! Where are you?" I uncloak my room and make the knife look like a pen and the spell book look like a journal. "In my room Nick!" I yell back. " Okay so I bought two tickets to homecoming and my girlfriend and I just broke up so will you go with me?" he looks at me and widens his eyes. "Fine. I'll go." I say with a sigh but he was already halfway down the hall. Ugh, freshmen are so energetic about everything.

Checking my closet for something suitable to wear all I see are my favorite colors (red, black, silver) and a few blue jeans and different colored hoodies. I see a flash of cobalt blue towards the back of the closet and pull out the dress. This is Nikki's dress. The skirt is proofed out with crinoline with a strapless top with a beads where the skirt and the top meet.

I take it off the hanger and close the door to try it on. Jessica walks in the door as I'm zipping up the dress. "Nick just told me that.....OMG. You look gorgeous. Where did you get the dress?" she asks in an excited gush that most girls get when talking about clothes.

"It's my sister's dress." I say softly.

*flash back*

"Come one Lexi. I want us to find matching dresses to our first homecoming dance. Please for me?!?" Nikki pleads with me. I roll my eyes but give in.

"Fine but we have to choose a dress we both like and in different colors. Okay?"

"Yay!!!!"

A few hours later and we still haven't found the perfect dress and then this dress catches both of our eyes. It's bright yellow with a poofed out skirt but we didn't like the top. It was simple wrap around. I go up to the lady and ask her if we can get a dress custom made. "Sure honey show me how you want your dress."

"We want the skirt from this dress on the top of this dress." The top was corset style with a small butterfly on the side.

 "Oh I'm sorry honey but we can only do same brand dresses we can't do different brand ones."

 "Okay thank you." Nikki says with a smile but I know that she's up to something.

We walk out of the shop and I turn around, "okay spill." I say as soon as we are far away from the store.

"I took pics and we can have one of a kind dresses!!" I roll my eyes but agree with her.

*end of flashback *

"They're custom made for us. Homecoming, freshman year." I tell Jessica.

"That's so cool. I wish I had a custom made dress." I smile at her as she leaves my room. I close the door and take off the dress. I lock the door and take out the spell book again.

I sound proof my room and start chanting the spell. Halfway through the spell I grab the knife and spill my blood on the page. I finish the spell and I close the book. I preform a simple spell to close the wound on my wrist completely. I close my eyes and feel the link starting to form. I will find Nikki no matter what.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The next day at school there's a new kid but in my first class I'm not even paying attention. I hate English class so I amuse myself by pulling petty pranks on my teacher. At this moment she has a severe twitch and is sneezing uncontrollably. "You really should be more careful. I can feel your power and you're just like me." I hear a voice in my head say. Discreetly I search the room but I don't see anyone who isn't looking horrified and/or laughing. I spread my powers out and search to see who it is. I figure its a figment of my imagination when I don't find anyone with powers but they could always have their ward up. The rest of the day up until lunch is basic and boring.