THIRTY-EIGHT

••••••••••

••••••••••

JULY 19TH, 2017

THE BEACH WAVES were rougher than usual, which meant a storm was on the horizon.

"We should head in soon," Wanda said, sitting on the towel next to Vision. She was wearing a floppy black hat, with a matching bikini and sunglasses. Tony, Steve, Jamie, Bucky, Sam, and Maisie were all swimming out in the ocean, Millie and Cynthia sunbathing with Rylee on some beach chairs.

"Soon," Millie nodded, "Right now, it's still sunny out, so we'll take this as an opportunity to sunbathe until the clouds form."

Rylee laughed, sitting on Millie's right, Cynthia on Millie's right. "Do you think Jamie will finally teach me to surf this weekend?" Rylee asked Cynthia, who smiled, and replied, "If he won't, I will."

Wanda chuckled, and said, "I can calm down the waves for a little bit." With a wave of her hand, the sea calmed down, the waves coming in soft, gentle waves.

"Thank you!" Rylee laughed, getting up from her chair and running towards the surf boards, which were all perched in the sand. Cynthia looked around the small beach, only one other group there, but that group was packing up now; so not soon after it would only be their group here.

"Vision, I have a question," Cynthia said, looking over at him, who looked over at her, and answered, "Is everything alright?"

"Everything's okay. I just have to ask, would there be a way to find my mother's grave?" Cynthia asked. "My father was of course buried in a cemetery made especially for the military, but I was never told where my mother was buried."

"I can check on that," Vision replied, and Cynthia gave him a meaningful smile, telling him, "That means a lot. Sometimes the internet won't do justice." She laughed a little, Vision giving her a chuckle as well, and Cynthia looked up at the sky, noticing that clouds were starting to form.

"Why don't we pack up?" Cynthia asked. "The storm will come and pass, and I'm sure it won't be long. I'll get the kids, unless you need me to help pick up?"

"We'll manage," Millie replied, smiling at Cynthia, who had gotten up, and looked back at them. Wanda gave her a sly smile, her magic dancing through her fingers. Vision gave her a simple smile, saying, "Go get the small ones. We'll pick up."

Grinning and walking towards the water, where Tony and Sam had already stepped out, Cynthia called out to them, "Hey! It looks like it's going to rain soon. Why don't we go in?"

"Coming!" Jamie called to his mother, dunking Rylee under the water playfully again as she shrieked happily. Bucky ran his right hand through his hair, wetting it with the sea water. He walked towards Cynthia, playfully groaning as he said, "You didn't bring any towels! We're going to freeze out here."