TWENTY-TWO

••••••••••

••••••••••

AUGUST 1ST, 2016

A BULLET TO the button.

The masked girl ran down the halls, gun in hand. No one had noticed her yet, with her bright blonde ponytails. Down the hall, to the left. And if the left doesn't work, then keep running. You'll find another way, her thoughts reminded her.

When she finally found the room he was being kept in, she took a second to sigh in relief, before running over to the tank, the gurney following behind.

She studied it, trying to figure out how she was going to get the tank off the floor and onto the gurney, but she managed to successfully lift it. It wasn't as heavy as she thought, she had noted, the darkness around them only lit up by the red sirens on each wall.

She heard footsteps in the hallways around her by the time she had lifted the tank onto the gurney, and ran out of the room, pulling it with her. Her breathing was ragged, and her heart was beating loudly out of her chest as she pushed people out of her way with the bed.

Two gunshots sounded, hitting her in the side of her stomach, and her hip, and she looked down, her left hand going down to her hip, and then brought her now bloodied fingers to eyes. Looking at the guard slowly and quietly, she aimed her gun at his legs and pulled the trigger enough times to stop him.

Paying attention to the route she needed to take to leave, she was interrupted by a short redhead, who kicked her legs out from under her, causing the blonde to lose her grip on the gurney. Turning around and facing the redhead, who was running towards her, she was prepared for the move that she had learned to dodge so many years ago.

Natasha jumped, hooking one of her legs around her shoulder, but groaned from the failure as she was rotated around the blonde's shoulders, then thrown down and kicked away. The blonde turned and ran faster than Natasha could blink, and she lifted her radio to her lips, breathing out, "She got out of my grip. Steve . . . Go get her."

The blonde knew these hallways so perfectly, it amazed the guards how talented in violence she was. She was about to knock one over with the gurney, when he pushed it back, and shouted roughly, "Stop!"

Freezing, the blonde knew that voice.

Pulling off his mask, Beck snapped, "Clara, stop."

Keeping both hands on the gurney, a stunned Cynthia couldn't stop staring at Beck, that she didn't even hear Captain America sneak up behind her, and attempt to pick her up, and restrain her.

Roaring in anger and elbowing his face harshly, Cynthia fell out of Steve's arms, losing her mask in the process. Turning to Beck, she snapped, "I'll never stop. Not until I can get him back."