TWENTY

••••••••••

••••••••••

JUNE 23RD, 2014

"SIR, WE HAVE a request from one of our former Generals relatives," A military official came up to James Rhodes, who looked over, and replied, "Let me see them."

↠↠↠↠↠

"And you're his . . . ?" Rhodes trailed off, and the woman replied, "His granddaughter."

"How do you have the relation to him? He and his family were all killed in four years of each other." Rhodes asked, shaking his head. The woman froze, and then composed herself enough to explain, "My mother, she was his first child. She was put up for adoption in the late 50s, so she wouldn't have been able to be there the time of his and his family's deaths."

"I'm going to need some identification to see that you're really the granddaughter of General Stephen Bayton." Rhodes said, and the woman looked through her purse, and handed Rhodes a bunch of papers that were stapled together in the top left corner. "This should do it," She replied.

Looking over the papers, Rhodes was convinced. "So, Persephone, you've come to rent out your grandfather's private airplane. For what reason?"

"To visit some old friends. And my nephew," Persephone explained. "Xavier and I haven't seen each other in the last five years, so I was hoping this could possibly be cheaper."

"Well, you were correct, Persephone. I'll lead you to that airplane now, so then we won't delay you. Do you need a pilot?" Rhodes handed Persephone her paperwork, and led her out of his office.

"No, I learned how to fly a plane in college," Persephone responded, dragging her suitcase behind her.

"Here, would you like me to help you with that?" Rhodes asked, and Persephone shook her head, replying, "It's okay. I can pull it—it's full of glass ornaments from a collection my nephew's wife wants."

Shrugging it off, Rhodes led her to her private plane, and said, "Well, it's required that your suitcase is lifted into the luggage area. This will be where we'll depart from. Have a safe flight, Ms. Willingham."

"Have a good day, Colonel Rhodes." Persephone replied, giving a teasing salute, which Rhodes returned, giving her a small smile before leaving. She reluctantly letting three men lift her suitcase into her small aircraft.

↠↠↠↠↠ 

Once in the air, Cynthia pushed the auto pilot button, and turned out of the pilot's seat, running towards the suitcase planted at the back of the plane. Unzipping it, and pulling off his oxygen mask, Cynthia grinned at Bucky, who grinned back.