Finally Home

* Lacey's POV *

I was beginning to lose all hope when Cody was closing in on me. Then I heard Reid's voice.

"Neil, please help me!" I scream, tears flowing from my face.

Cody's dragging me towards his car, and I see Stacey and her fling waiting by it. "He's probably gonna let her have her fun with me before he does..."

"Shut up you useless wretch!" Cody growls, slapping me across my cheek. He shoves me onto the asphalt right next to the bumper of his car.

"Here she is, like I promised." Cody says.

"Awe, thanks babe!" Stacey chimes. She pecks him on the cheek and quickly escalates to make out with him; staring at me as if showing off what she has with him.

She trots over to me and holds my face in her hand.

"I told you to watch your back." she whispers, in the most evil voice I've ever heard.

That's when the fists start flying. Before I can even react to one punch another comes in from somewhere else. Someone's holding my arms so I can't shield my face. One even kicks me violently in the ribs. All I can do is scream.

"Lacey!" Neil screams.

Suddenly the girls start screaming and the abuse seizes. I see Neil through the spits of red and flashing lights. Someone's strong arms come under my own and hoist me up. Everything's blurry, noise is muffled, and all I can see is red and darkness.

"Lacey, Lacey?"

Neil's voice echoes around me; I can't really spot exactly where it's coming from.

"Shit, she's blacking out-Reid what do we do?!?"

"Quick, get her in the Jeep. We're taking her to the hospital."

Two pairs of arms come under me now and pull me off my feet. I feel myself being carried, and then set down in the back of something. Reid's Jeep comes to life and we begin moving. The motion is making me sick, so I close my eyes. The last thing I recall seeing when I open them again is the blurry haze of white lights, rolling past me on the ceiling.

- -

"Sweetie, you're awake!" my mother cheers quietly.

I look around at my family, totally dazed. A few giggles escape my family's mouths.

"I'm sorry Lacey, but you're so cute with your eyes all big!" Kimberly says.

"Huh?"