Melodies

* Lacey's POV *

* a few days later*

It's been a few days since I came back home and ended up crying in my brother's arms. It's been fine really. Nothing good or bad has happened. My siblings have left me alone for the most part.

Right now I'm in the basement, tuning my violin. The basement has pretty much become mine since my siblings left, which is even better.

I start playing a song made by one of my favorite artists, Lindsey Stirling. I play the familiar cords with ease until I'm interrupted by the feeling of a pair of eyes on me.

I stop right away, not wanting anyone to hear me play. Turning to my left I see a pair of sparkling blue eyes on me.

I raise my eyebrow as the owner of them comes out from behind the corner. Reid blushes and smiles sweetly.

"Can you keep playing sis?"

I roll my eyes and set my violin down on a table.

"Not while you're here. I don't play in front of people."

Reid frowns and taps his toes on the carpet.

"Can you make an exception this once?"

I glare at him until he hits me with those puppy dog eyes. I walk to the corner and sit down at the piano and Reid follows me. He plops down and pokes my face repeatedly while puckering his lips and looking as sad as he can get.

I jerk his hand away and stare at him. He smiles; he won and got my attention.

"I'm not playing for you dude." I growl, tapping a few keys on the piano.

Reid groans and taps a few keys too; messing up the simple melody I was creating. I slap his hand until he takes it off the keys and start my melody over.

"I think I have something here for a song maybe?"

Reid taps the same keys again, messing me up. To try and ignore him I start playing an intricate melody of a song I've written on the violin in its piano version. Reid sits back and simply stares at my hands in amazement.

I stop a few stanzas in and stare at him with a bitter face.

"Happy now?" I ask curtly as I turn back to that simple 4 key melody I created on accident.

"Yea, I am actually. That was amazing. What song was that?" Reid asks quietly.

"What song was what?" I repeat, adding a few more keys into the melody.