Rocky Road

* Neil's POV *

That girl is super adorable. I see now why Lacey was so worried about her. She seems really shy, and insecure inside. I'm so happy we could help.

"Mom and Dad should be home soon Neil." Kimberly says, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"And? I already know that." I say.

She sighs and does that 'woman pose' where she crosses her arms and sticks her hips to the side.

"They're gonna want to talk to us all about Lacey after she takes Cierra home." she says sassily.

"I thought Cierra was staying for the night? Isn't it kind of a waste to take her all the way home this late?" I ask.

"Well, either way, don't fall asleep. And just, prepare yourself for whatever they have to say."

I nod and play some music in my earbuds, loudly, to try and stay awake.

- -

"They're running way late; had bad weather that delayed their flight. So why don't we go out to eat without them?" Kimberly says at around 11pm.

"Sure, that sounds fine." Reid says.

Kimberly's stomach grumbles loudly, which causes uproar in laughter from us all. She gives us a death glare before laughing herself. Lacey and Cierra run to get their shoes, laughing about something, before running out the door and hoping into the SUV. Kimberly goes to reach for the keys, but they're missing.

"The girls took them. I think Lacey wants to drive..." Reid mumbles.

"Oh HELL no is Lace driving us! It's dark out, she's distracted... no!" Kimberly whines before going out there with her jacket to do whatever. Reid and I look at each other before making our way out there.

Turns out Lacey won, for she's in the driver's seat. Reid has the whole middle to himself, and Kimberly sits next to Lacey. I crawl in the very back with Cierra, where it's quiet. She seems embarrassed by it, that I'm sitting with her.

We go to our favorite place here at home where they know us well. Despite the time of night everyone is chipper.

"A little birdy told me your birthday is coming up soon... so here's a cupcake with a candle! It's all we had." the owner says as she walks up to us.

My siblings must've planned this as they all look at me with bright faces. I sheepishly take it and thank her. I really, deep down do hate celebrating my birthday. It's really just another day to me."

"Thanks Brenda. You're so awesome!" I say.