"Let's just call it one of those days" *Blog* 23/6/13

(Originally written & posted by me on my deviantart page on the 23/6/13

http://carolineannlove.deviantart.com ) 

If I were a colour, what colour would I be? 

  Would I be Red, like my first true blush?   

Would I be yellow, like the suns first golden ray?   

Would I be a dismal grey, like storm clouds before they burst?   

Perhaps I would be green, soft like grass beneath my bare feet? 

~~~~~

Poetry aside, or prose, however you look at it.  This really wasn't meant to be an art piece. Unless you count thought as art, in which case I tip my hat at you and say, I hope you enjoyed the show!  If not. I shall endeavor to do better next time.   

Do you ever wake up in the morning and think, 'today is going to be a bad day,' and then miraculously, as if you had some second sight or intuition, boom, the worst day ever hits like a hurricane and leaves aftermath you're still picking up aweek later?   

I had one of those strange intuitive moments this morning. Some put it down to the fact I am a woman. It's true, girls have an uncanny way of knowing when a bad hair day is going to simply be a hat day or a 'stay-out-of-my-way-or-I'll-blame-you-for-this-catastrophe-of-a-morning-I'm-Having' kind of day. The one where everyone whose smart respectfully avoids you like you've got the great black death, except for that one family member/work mate/annoying tag on that does't see the bright flashing 'back-off' signal on your forehead. They just have to ask the stupidest questions you've ever heard and don't have time for on this particular day, that is, any question at all that doesn't involved 'would you like a million pounds to cheer you up?'   

Personally I've never been asked if I'd like a million pounds to cheer me up. I suppose the people who have the ability to ask those sorts of questions are smart enough not to intrude on these kinds of days. That and they're smart enough not to give their money away.   

Today was one of those days. I'd like to say something witty & amusing about it's happenings, but it was uneventful really. But if you've ever gotten mixed up with cake mixers, almost FIVE of them, you'd understand. Making a wedding cake for two-hundred people is so hectic! My mother & I are making my sister's wedding cake, sponge, and decorating it. I am looking forward to no longer being high on the icing sugar that's so light it clings to the air all over the house.   

Maybe I should just have said. Any day involving wedding preparation for a family member is one of those days. I've had better Sundays.   

What annoyed me the most is that I was on a roll with one of my current book projects. I'd just hit 201 pages. BAM! My brain malfunctions and despite knowing where I'm going to end up, I have no idea how I'm going to get there. Set up chapters can be such a bore when you've been waiting forever to get onto a particular tack of your plot-line. So whether you call it Writers Block, Procrastination or just plain Laziness, my writing came to a bit of a stand still this morning before all the the Mixer Mix Ups. I had been enjoying the natural flow that I had going, everything was coming so fluidly, so easily, it was like breathing. Of course when I do breathe at the moment all I can taste is sugar, so perhaps it finally got to my brain and it went into a Icing Sugar coma. I simply hope I get it back soon, or else I shall be writing gibberish!   

There are silver lining's to every dark cloud. That's what they say anyway. If I stopped to ask who the legendary They were, I'd probably be debating it with every Tom, Dick & Harry that I meet. Instead, I shall try to figure out where the silver lining is here, other than lightning.   

Silver lining's come in all different shapes and sizes. Perhaps today it was in petting one of my cats, Tammy, or the fact  that the well has not dried up idea wise. It has simply emptied it's first bucket & I have to plunge it back in again and make all the effort of pulling it back out the way I want it. Who on earth knows?   

Anyway My Dear Loves all around the world, or whoever is reading this, it is 2:12 am in the UK & I am in need of sleep before a big day tomorrow. More Cake Making Mess to delve into and get all sticky in.   

Sweet Dreams <3 May your sunrise be bright & your day be pleasant and jolly! 

  Love ~ Caroline Ann ~