Chapter 23: People Don't Know Anything

Lush clouds filled the sky as beams of light shined through, illuminating the beautiful town of Crocus. Businesses were opening and the streets started filling up with people all excited for the Games up ahead.

Zayn groaned as he woke up. He sat up and stretched his muscular body. He passed a hand through his dirty blond hair and stood up. Zayn walked over to his closet when he heard light knocking at his door.

He ignore it at first but it became louder and louder. Finally he got fed up and slammed open his door. Persephone was mid knocking.

She blushed at the sight of a shirtless Zayn in nothing but boxers. She retracted her hand and tried to conceal her blush.

"Is something wrong?" Zayn raised an eyebrow at the girl who was a deep shade of red.

"Huh n-n-nothing. I simply wanted to greet you with a good morning," she started to regain her composure little by little but still held a light pink color to her cheeks. "And also inform you that we'll be leaving shortly"

"Okay, and huh 'morning I guess,"   Zayn nodded in a tired manor. He pushed back his hair again and noticed Persephone was still staring at him " Need anything else?"

"Oh no, huh I'll leave you to get ready.  Bye!" Persephone stumbled with herself as she left the door and ran down the hall almost tripping over her feet. Zayn furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her scurry away.

He simply shook his head and went to get ready. Persephone was always acting weird in his opinion. He was sort of used to it.

Persephone was down the hall. Her staff tightly held in her hand. She was a  blushing mess and could barely get a hold of herself. She only wanted to see if he was up then leave.

Persephone panted, her back was against a wall and she couldn't but feel even more embarrassed. She pushed away all thoughts of her long time crush. Unfortunately they were replaced by her family.

"What got you like this?" Persephone turned her head to see Sierra standing out of her own door in a black vest, her bust covered in white bandages and black pants to match.

Persephone pushed herself off the wall and tried to act tough " That darling Calum sure is fun you know... I now know why you like him so much"

Sierra rolled her eyes at the comment and started  walking away, then turned her head back "You know I really thought you were getting better after everything that happened. We're a family but to you I guess not "

With that she rounded a corner and  left Persephone's view.  She left her alone ,a memory fluttered through her head.

Flashback to 10 years ago.

"Come on guys!" A young Sting yelled to his siblings. Lector stood on his shoulder cheering with him.

"Calm down Sting we're right behind you" a young 8 year old Rogue said silently. Frosch flew with him like always.

"He's excited that's all! We all are!!"  A young  7 year old Sierra said excitedly.  She was holding a  2 year old boy by the hand.  Nate. "Aren't you excited Per'!?"

"My name is Persephone...and I suppose so" a 6 year old Persephone stated walking with Rogue at her side.

"Oh you need to chill out sis!" Sierra pouted at her little sister. They were walking all together in a little group.

"Do you guys think we'll meet somebody from Fairy Tail!" Sting said bouncing up and down on the pavement.

"I doubt it" Rogue stated emotionless. He grabbed Frosch before he could fly away in the foreign town.