Fighting For My Life

Fighting For My Life-

It was dark now. None of the wolves had the energy to move on with me, and so I went on my own.

I ran as fast as I ever could, following the sweet scent of Jenna. I have no idea how I long I ran, but eventually I stopped in front of a huge house. It was made out of bricks and Jenna’s scent was most strong here, except I couldn’t feel that pull to her when I was close.

The front door was closed and I circled the area, making sure no one else was around. The windows of the large brick building were shattered and glass was over the floor, along with a few bow and arrows. The lights were on though, so I was sure someone was in that house.

 I found a pocket knife on the floor, long enough to kill someone. I picked it up and examined it with the dim moonlight. It had blood over it and my heart ached. What if that was Jen’s blood?

 I shook my head, clearing all the thoughts. I quickly walked up the steps of the building, quiet enough to make no noise. I pushed the door open; surprised it was unlocked and entered the building. I heard yelling echoing throughout the place and quickly examined the hall way, glad it was empty as I followed the muffled voice as it became clearer.

If I turned the corner of the hallway I was at, I knew I’d be revealed to the male voice that was yelling angrily.

I glanced over the wall and a dead body stood at the man’s feet. His back was faced towards me and 3 men were in front of him, their gazes towards the floor.

The yelling man turned slightly, muttering to himself. I quickly shot back to the wall and rested my head on it as I took a few deep breaths. The knife was clutched in my hand. I was going to kill them if I had to.

Dozens of bloody, harsh thoughts ran through my head if I found out they even touched my precious Jen.

“Her mom’s dead. She’s injured……………….” The last few words were spoken quietly and I didn’t catch them. He finally turned to walk the opposite direction of where I was.

My heart was beating loudly and I was sure those men could hear it.

So he hurt Jen and her mom?

Anger circulated throughout my veins and my blood boiled. Once I heard the door click and the footsteps descending, I jumped out from behind the wall and punched one of the guys. He fell to the floor with a bloody nose, but instantly fought back.

“Where is she!” I demanded as I crushed my foot into his face while fighting the other men to unconsciousness so I could question them later. The man beneath my foot shot to his feet.

“She’s dead.” He answered as he stuck a punch into my stomach and face a few times.  I groaned in pain and spit out blood, but instantly recovered before I sent a few punches to his face, over and over and over.

“Where. Is. She” I said, sending a punch between every word. Angry tears ran down my face, but I recovered again. I was furious.

He was on the ground now, close to becoming unconscious. “I’m going to ask one more time before killing you. Where is she?” I said quietly, my voice deadly.

The man grinned before saying, “Kill me if you want. You won’t ever find her.”

 He reached in his pocket and I saw him reaching for the gun before I plunged the knife in his stomach but his grin still remained on his dirty face. I stood up now, looking at him with disgust. I knew the other men would be just like him, so I left them unconscious as I opened the door in which the other man went out of earlier.