Escaping

Escaping-

       I took deep breaths, trying to stay calm.

This couldn’t be happening. What have I ever done?

“Don’t talk so I won’t have to use this cloth on you.” Said a masculine voice.

I nodded my head quickly, and once the person let go I turned and struck a punch to the person’s face.

He groaned in pain and stumbled back against the wall. I held him by his neck there and spoke quietly.

“Who are you and what are you doing in my room?” I growled, tightening my grasp on the person’s neck.

“Let go, I’m not trying to hurt you.” The person pleaded.

“What’s your name?” I hissed, ignoring his previous sentence.

He didn’t respond.

I tightened my grasp on him.

“Zachary! Zachary Edkins.” He breathed out.

That name was so familiar. It rang a bell in the back of my head.

“Stay there.” I said and walked over to my lamp. Once I switched it open, I turned around to see this ‘Zachary’ boy.

He had high cheekbones and full lips. Dark brown hair fell over his dark, stormy blue eyes. He had dark eyelashes and tanned skin.  He wore a black t-shirt that sculpted his built torso and I had to stop myself from drooling.

His face was so familiar. I knew him from somewhere, but just couldn’t put my finger on it.

“I know you.” I told him slowly, my eyes searching his face for any memories of him.

He stood there, his eyes blank until his lips stretched into a smirk.

“I know you too.”

“Where do I know you from?” I asked, stepping closer.

“Think. Think back to when we were just kids.” He told me and I closed my eyes, hunting for any memories with him… when suddenly it just came to me.

“Zachary? ZACHARY!” I almost yelled as I crushed him into a hug. He was a childhood friend of mine until he moved.  We were so close and Zachary’s mom and my mom were such good friends until he moved. That’s when everything changed and I had such little contact with him.

He grinned and hugged me back tightly. It felt so right and safe to be back in his arms. I never wanted to let go of him.

He pulled back and examined my face. “You’ve changed so much. What happened to your black hair?” he asked curiously, holding up a strand of my hair up to his face.

“When I shifted into a werewolf, my hair became this light brown color. Do you like it?” I asked him.

“I love it.” He replied, smiling at me.

I smiled back and then asked what had been on my mind the whole time; “What are you doing here?”  

“Your safety is being jeopardized and I finally located where you were with the help of my pack so I’m here to get you out of here.” He said quickly.

“W-wait, what?”

“Your safety is being jeopar-“he began again.

“I know what you said! But what about Ethan and everyone I’m leaving behind?” I asked him. I couldn’t just leave them.

“Your safety is more important. Once we get onto my pack’s territory, we can notify them.” He explained.

I paced in my room and plopped onto my bed. “So I’m just going to leave?” I looked up at him.

“Trust me; it’s not as bad as it sounds. Now get your stuff.” He told me.

“It is as bad as it sounds! This is horrible!” I yelled.

“Look, your Dad treats you like crap and people are coming after you! I can’t give you a choice! Now get your stuff.” He shot back.

I let my anger burn out.

For my safety.

 I nodded and pulled out my suitcase from under my bed. I quickly opened it and shoved all of my clothes, jewelry, makeup, and items I’d need with me. I ended up filling more than 3 large suitcases.

“I’m ready.” I said bitterly as I pulled on a sweater.

“Look, please don’t be mad. It’ll all work out at the end.”

I refused to look at him and after a few seconds, he turned and opened my window, picking up one of my suitcases and getting ready to throw it down.

I looked back at him with wide eyes. “What’re you doing?” I hissed.

“Getting your stuff outside…” He responded.

“Let’s just take the door.” I stated calmly as I headed towards the door.

Zachary ran up to me and grabbed my arm. “No! Your dads awake. He won’t let you leave.”

“How do you know that?” I narrowed my eyes on him.

“I tried the front door and saw your dad in the living room through a window.” He said.

“Oh… So were going to take the window?” I winced. When it came to balancing and strength, I was the clumsiest person you’d meet.

Zach nodded and then turned to throw the suitcase out the window before turning around. “Don’t worry. Nothing’s going to get damaged; Daniel’s going to catch the suitcases.”

He threw the suitcase out and I didn’t hear a thump of it hitting the ground. I ran to the window and saw Daniel putting it softly onto the floor, his hands out to catch the next suitcase. “So this is your fault?” I hissed at him as I leaned against the window.

He grinned and then shrugged before throwing his arms out to catch the next suitcase.

Zach threw it and luckily Daniel caught it again.

Finally, Zach threw the last suitcase. Daniel missed it and it hit the ground with a loud thump.

“Sorry!” he called.

From downstairs, I heard my father yelling. Loud footsteps echoed throughout the house as my dad made his way to my room.

“Run!” Zach yelled and we both ran to the window. He held me by my waist and helped me out.

The room door burst open and I watched as my father staggered into the room. He yelled cuss words as he ran to the window, but I was already on the ground now with a few new bruises on my thigh from the fall.

“Run Zach!” I yelled up at him.

I watched as Zach’s figure leaped out of the window and onto the floor.

He chuckled before he held out a hand in which I gladly took.

We ran towards a car parked on the road.

Daniel already had the engine going and we looked back to see my dad chasing the car, screaming and yelling at us. Daniel and Zach laughed, and soon I joined in with them.

“That was awesome.” Zach said and we all agreed before we fell into the dead silence of the night.

 ___________________________________________________________________________

Heyy guys! Hope you like the chapter- and woooow! Already over a hundred views! If you guys want me to upload faster, im going to have to ask you to do me a favor first. If i could get atleast 5 votes on this chapter, just 5, i'll upload faster than im planning. If not, i'll upload whenever i feel/want too. yeah vote vote vote! And leave feedback, really helps! Hope you like the chapter, theres wayyyy more too come!

-Maysoon<3