School with Unknown Werewolves and Vampires

School with Unknown Werewolves and Vampires-

    My eyes cracked open to the sunlight streaming in from the window. I quickly closed them, the light too bright for my eyes. Once I became aware of my surroundings, I remembered that Zach and I probably fell asleep on the couch from last night. I looked over to the TV which was still on, and saw the same SpongeBob episode from last night was being replayed. I smiled and then realized my position.

Zach’s arm was tucked around my waist tightly. I was pulled so close to him and my head was rested on his strong, muscular chest that rose and fell with ever breath. His steady heartbeat echoed through my ears, along with his soft snores. I sighed, content. So this was how it felt to have a mate? To have someone who was your lover, your protector, your friend, your whole life.

My body soaked in Zach’s masculine scent until his phone started beeping loudly, causing both of us to jump.  Zach woke up with a gasp, clearly startled. His once sleepy and confused dark blue eyes lit up once they settled on my own.

His voice was husky from sleep when he spoke, but still showed that fun, bright tone he carried around with him anywhere he was.

 “And that tells us we need to get ready for school.”

~

I sat in Zach’s slick black car taking deep breaths as he looked for a parking spot. I’ve never went to a new school, let alone a new town. Werewolf scents hit me as soon as I opened the door.

 The others scents weren’t necessarily werewolf nor human. No, they were something far more different and foreign.

He took my hand and squeezed it for reassurance.

 I thought he’d let go soon.

No, he held onto my hand the whole time we walked through the parking lot.

Girls shot jealous stares towards us- Wait, let me rephrase that...   They shot envious stares towards me. Zach pulled me close to him when the guys complimented and howled in delight as they took in my figure; which was downright disgusting. Didn’t they have some respect?

As soon as all the chatter started up again, as soon as everything turned back to how it was before we got here, I spotted the girls Zach had introduced me to yesterday across the field. They were talking to a group of guys, one which had Kaylen pulled close to him possessively. Probably mates.

Zach caught me staring and led me towards them. I happily followed, but we were stopped numerous times on the way by Zach’s friends. Once we finally reached Tricia and Kaylen, the bell rang and everyone started to leave.

Kaylen ran over to me, giving me a quick hug that was rather a light squeeze on the shoulders, and walked off to the main door of the school, screaming “See you at lunch!”

~

The whole day had went pretty well. My grade appeared to be separated into three ‘groups.’ The pale, too-cold-to-touch students, the students who liked muttering gibberish- and then us, the werewolves. I quickly hurried to my last class, room 214, not wanting to be late since I had arrived to my previous classes late. I looked down at my schedule. My history class was supposed to be next to Staircase A.

I started to look around and spotted a boy leaning against a wall, staring at me intently. His skin was a deathly pale color, his eyes and hair dark and his lips as red as a tomato.

This hallway was all empty since it was a different grade’s hallway, meaning their classes started at different times than mine. I had no idea how I got to this hallway. I cleared my throat, and walked towards the boy.