Mistakes

First, i want to say sorry for uploading late! I tried making this chapter long, so enjoy! I really wanted to upload the chapter for New Years but i couldnt because i had cousins staying over for THREE days! We went to boston for new years and then the next day we went to the museum of science!  They left in the morning today though, so i finally had the chance to finish the chapter! Please comment, vote for the chapter if you liked it! It only takes a few seconds! Tell we what you like or dislike from the chapter, and what i could improve on. Anyway, i'll stop talking & let you all read the chapter you were waiting for! Happy Late New Years everyone! (:

>>>>>>>>>>>>> That's Isabella, also known as ETHAN'S MATE! (:

__________________________________________________________________

My breath hitched in my throat.

“Jenna.” Ben said sternly and hungrily, his striking green eyes staring at me, deadly. I took a few steps back. My whole body felt numb. Ben took another step closer. I took a step back. My foot hit a log and it rolled down a little, causing me to trip. I fell onto the wet soil and grass, bottom first.

I’m gonna die. I’m gonna die. I thought.

Everything spun in my eyes. The trees and my surroundings were all a blur.

“Jenna! Jenna!” Zach called from where we had first entered the forest. I shot up to my feet, snapping back to reality, and started sprinting towards Zach, adrenaline pumping through my veins. I didn’t take the chance to even glance behind me, afraid of what might be there. I kept running, one foot in front of the other until I fell into Zach’s safe arms.

He looked down at me, confused. “What’s wrong? What happened?” he asked.

Before I could respond, I quickly turned around to see… nothing. Just the green trees and damp earthly soil. “W-what?” I stuttered, and turned around several times scanning the area. “Jen, what’s wrong? What happened?” Zach asked desperately.

Finally, my eyes met Zach’s worried and panicked eyes.

“N-nothing. I just thought I saw something and got a little scared.” I said as I looked at my feet. How could I be sure I saw Ben? Maybe I was just hallucinating. Zach gripped me by my arms. “You didn’t just look ‘a little scared’, Jen.” Zach stated firmly.

“I just thought I saw something, don’t worry about it Zach. It was probably nothing.” I said soothingly, trying to sound assuring. Fortunately, Zach’s grip on me loosened and he let out a sigh. He pulled me close to him and embraced me. He breathed in the scent of my hair. “Ok.” He murmured against my hair, and then sighed while pulling me out of the warm embrace a few seconds later.

“Let’s go.”

~ NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL

       Daniel and I were the last to present our project in the class. After we were done, the bell rang just in time and both Daniel and I let out a sigh of relief. “How’d you think we did?” he asked as we both packed up our things.

“Pretty good, we better get an A though. We worked really hard on it.” I said as I picked up the last of my things. We walked out of the classroom and dumped our things in our lockers before heading to the cafeteria. Daniel walked over to Zach and a group of guys, while I went over to the table Kyler, Michelle and Dana sat at.

“Here comes Jenniepop!” Kyler cooed as I approached him. I punched his shoulder playfully before stealing some fries off of his plate.

“How’d the presentation go?” Dana asked.