Life Just Got Slightly More Better

Life Just Got Slightly More Better-

UNEDITED- sorry for any mistakes

Picking up my cell phone from the counter, dialing Michelle’s number. Before I pressed send.

Michelle’s all the way in Florida, you’re in Springfield. Get with the program Jen.

I told myself, suddenly remembering. I sighed before I finished eating breakfast.

~ A month later

It was the ending of October and the weather was getting cooler. Back in Florida, we had no winter. It was always hot. The heat was on blast and I searched through my closet for something that would keep me warm. All my clothes were over the floor. Finally, I got out a pair of skinny jeans and a peach colored thermal. I pulled out some leg warmers from the floors of my closet that I bought a few days ago.

Lastly, I slipped on some slippers and was satisfied with my warm and cozy outfit.

Opening my bedroom door, I found Zach fanning himself with a piece of paper. His shirt was off revealing his insanely sexy and built torso. His muscles weren’t over built, but they weren’t under built either. They were perfect. “Whys it so hot in here?” he exclaimed, looking through the fridge for something cold to drink.

“It is not hot. It’s freezing.”

I was still cold with the heat on. This weather was unbearable.

“It’s like were in the middle of the desert right now.” Zach said while plopping down on the couch.

 “I’m not used to this weather.” I said while hugging myself to keep more warmth.

Zach didn’t say anything. He studied my body, or so I think, for a few minutes. His eyes slowly trailed from my face and worked their way downwards, a grin taking his lips. Turning insecure, I crossed my arms over my chest. “What?” I snapped.

“You probably need to buy clothes for the winter. Most of the clothes you have won’t match the weather over here.” he stated innocently, as if he hadn’t probably been mentally unclothing me a minute ago.

“Ok” I said seating myself next to him. He threw an arm around my shoulders and pushed me close him. His body was warm and I found myself relaxing in his grasp.

We sat in a nice and comfortable silence before I suddenly jumped up and said, “Let’s go winter shopping!”

Zach groaned playfully. “Alright, we’ll go winter shopping.”

I smiled broadly before I ran to my closet and threw on a thick sweater and sneakers.

Zach had already slipped on some shoes when I walked into the living room. “Ready?” he asked. I nodded, thinking he’d go into his room to put a shirt on, but he walked to the front door instead.

“Don’t you need a shirt?” I asked.

“Oh… yeah.” He smirked cockily.

Once Zach was fully dressed, we both headed outside. The cold air hit my body the second I stepped outside. I was chilled to the bone as I clutched my sweater closer to my thin frame.

 “Are you really that cold?” Zach asked.

I shook my head. Zach took off his sweater and draped it over me while bringing me into a warm embrace. “Better?” he asked quietly.