Jealousy Game

Jealousy Game~

Jenna’s P.O.V

“History Project, due next Friday.” My history teacher said. She set down a pile of papers on my desk. I was still thinking about that intense kiss with Zach last night. His minty breath tasted so good, he himself tasted so good. Everything about him was perfect. He was almost too good to be true...

He told me he loved me. Did he mean it? Was I sure I loved him too?

“Jenna, would you mind passing these to every student?” my teacher asked, breaking me away from my thoughts.

“No, not at all." I said. I grabbed the pile of papers and started from my desk, to the front of the room and back. I smiled at Daniel when I gave him his paper. To me, Daniel was like a big brother. I loved him so much.

Passed these few weeks, we got really close. Once I got back to my seat, my teacher started explaining the project.

“I’ll assign each one of you partners. The paper basically explains everything the project will have to have to get an A+. Everyone’s project is different. I put the papers in an order so the partners would get the same papers. The project is due on Friday… And that is pretty much it I guess.”

Everyone was quiet and look over the paper. Some people asked questions. A few minutes later my teacher hung a list on the wall in the classroom. It had all the names of the partners for the project.

When the bell rang, everyone crowded around the paper. People crammed out once they found out who their partners were. I waited till everyone cleared. There were still about 12 people in front of the paper when I approached it.  I tried getting through, but nobody would budge.

I huffed before backing up, then running straight through everyone. Most people got out of the way, and once I reached the paper I scanned it quickly as other students complained from behind me. "Madey... Rob..." I was saying the names, all quickly and in gibberish as I looked down the page. "Daniel and... Me!" I exclaimed happily. I turned to leave and found Daniel trying to get to the front of the crowd.

"Hey partner!" I said to him. He looked at me before smiling, relieved he didn't have some other classmate as his partner.

“Out of my classroom!” my teacher screamed at us as the next class fled in. “So when do you want to work on the project?” I asked as we walked down the hallway.

“I have no idea; do you want to start it tonight or something?” Daniel asked.

“Perfect. Just show up at my house around 7.” It felt kind of weird saying ‘my house’ because really, was it my house? Could I call Zach’s home mine?

Daniel nodded and we both went in opposite directions to our next class.

I was confused in my thoughts until I bumped into someone. Both our things fell on the floor, and people just stepped over them.

“God, sorry!” I said. I looked up and realized I bumped into Tricia. She wore a black lacey low-necked shirt with a mini skirt. She had black boots that stopped an inch below her knees. Red lipstick covered her lips while black sunglasses held her hair back.

Last time I checked, it was about 80 degrees outside and it was NOT sunny inside the school. I quickly gathered my things off the ground.

Tricia gasped. “Try watching where you’re going next time!”

She flipped her hair dramatically and walked down the hallway. I watched in confusion. Who the hell did she think she was? I let out a laugh at how stupid and idiotic she was. I made my way to my last period class, which passed by so quickly. After realizing why everyone was packing their stuff up and swarming out of class, I myself packed my things up and finally did the same.