Annual Fair

Dedicated to Moxcia because of the beautiful current cover of  this story. Picture is at the side>>>>

Enjoy the chapter. :)

_________________________________________

My eyes fluttered open to the plum colored room that was supposedly mine... It felt as if nothing this day could go wrong. It looked so peaceful, so perfect, but then reality hit me… The man that has my mother captured is looking for me now. I don’t even know if she’s alive!

I groaned as I propped myself up with my elbow after a few minutes of resting, I yanked myself out of bed. I ran over to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I walked over to the side of my bed, where a drawer was placed with the flowers on top of it. I inhaled the sweet and refreshing scent, smiling.

Sitting in front of my closet, I stared it blankly, waiting for an outfit to pop into my head. I usually didn’t do this, but it wasn’t bad to try to look your best in front of your mate… right? After 15 minutes, I picked out a pair of denim short shorts with a brown belt, along with a white button up top. I threw my coffee colored hair into a messy bun. I took one last glance at the mirror, grinning like a fool as I looked back at my reflection.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and walked down the hallway. I spotted Zach sitting on a tall stool chair while on his phone. A woman stood in front of the stove, saying a few words every now and then to Zach. She cooked, her back turned towards me.

Zach wore a pair of dark jeans that hung dangerously low on his waist, with no shirt. My breath was caught in my throat. His body was so well sculpted, so well defined. Oh, I wonder how it’d feel to have my hands on those- “Morning Jen.” Zach looked at me, smirking at my expression before his expression mimicking my own as me scanned me slowly, head to toe.

“Morning, Zach.”  “This is Anna, and Anna, this is Jenna.” Zach introduced me to the woman, still in awe as he continued to look at me. “She just cleans and cooks in the house, almost like a personal chef.” He said to me.

I nodded. “Why don’t you live with your parents?”

“Well… you know, my dad?”

I smiled at the memories of his dad when we were kids. “Yeah, the amazing man who taught both of us to ride a bike without training wheels.” I joked. Zach smiled.

“He died, and then everything fell apart. My mom married the alpha of this pack and I moved out sophomore year.”  He said it so easily, so smoothly.

“W-what? When?” I asked. I had missed out on so much.

“The year you left.” He replied quietly.

We ate breakfast slowly. Anna had made chocolate chip pancakes. She left after making breakfast.  After I was done, I got a cup of orange juice and sipped it slowly.  

Zach had finished breakfast way before I had. He was in his room now, claiming he was getting ready for a run. I nodded, hoping he wouldn’t ask me to come with him. I had my fingers crossed. The first day I shifted, I was alone. It was painful, but once I was fully in my wolf form, I loved it. It helped me escape my problems; it helped me escape from my Dad. I knew it wouldn’t last long though, because he had forbidden me to ever shift to my wolf again. I only got to shift against my will; on full moons.

Since I didn’t shift often and only once a month, it was painful every time. My body wasn’t used to shifting, but it was supposed to since every werewolf would shift often. I started to hate going through that pain and gave up on trying shifting in the open opportunities I had.

After this whole thinking process, Zach was already out his doors in the same pairs of jeans. He had on a white t-shirt, which I was thankful for because I knew I’d make a fool of myself if I saw him shirtless one more time.