Chapter 46

Chapter46 – Uncertain future

"Itannoys me" Kili lay on his belly and watched the evil light in thefar East. "It annoys me nothing happens. I don't want it to happenbut I don't understand it. What is this evil waiting for? Why doesn'tthe evil attack?"

"Westill have to keep an eye on it" Thorin joined Dwalin and Kili onthe east side of Erebor. "Still no movement? Nothing since theblack riders? Do we know now where they were going to?"

"No,he heard nothing from Gloin or the west. All we do is wait. Thorin,more and more dwarves worry and get scared because we can't doanything" Dwalin left his position on the ground and confronted hisking who sighed and looked to the city. "Are Balin and Fili in Daleyet? I want to give the people refugee in our halls. They don't knowwhat's coming and they have children who can't run. They have noplace to hide not like us. In the worst case we can still shut thegate and bring our wives and children to the heart of Erebor... but Ipromised Gandalf and Elrond that we'll fight. This evil is greaterthan one kingdom"

"Theywant to kill us by leaving us waiting to starve" Kili shook hishead and sighed like his uncle. "Dwarves don't starve. We areprepared for everything that will come and I want you to look forsomething else as well... the fellowship must pass by somehow. Eitherthey take the way near Erebor or Gondor... either way we have to helpthem with food and weapons or by distracting the evil from Mordor. Iwon't lose even one dwarf to this... eye"

"Youhave to admit it looks impressive when you're close to it" Kilirolled on his back and Dwalin kicked his side to make him rollanother time. "We don't go close to that thing. We don't know whatit is and how to kill it"

"Wedon't have to. Gandalf has Gloin's son with him and four hobbits"Thorin smiled thinking of the four halflings but before his thoughtscould move on to Lothien Kili made him change his mind. "I heard anelf is with them too, and a human"

"Twohumans... and Thandruil's son"

 "Weare lost" Dwalin sat grumpy on a rock and nodded to his king. "Tellus about the hobbits. Are they more like Bilbo, Gilriel or... ourqueen?"