Chapter 34

Chapter34 – Walk alone

"Mysister is braver... I don't know how to walk in your halls" Lothienkept her eyes on the way while Thorin helped her taking the laststeps to a brighter ground. "She was raised by dwarves. Shebelieves this to be her home and... she is very stubborn"

Lothiennodded and felt free once she didn't feel like falling anymore."Dwarves have to be very brave to take ways like this every day andgo on adventures to claim their homeland. Did you found what you werelooking for, Thorin Oakenshield? Are you at home?"

"I'mat home but... I'm still missing something. Your ring... I lost itand can't give it back to you" Now it was the king who looked downand the elvish hobbit nodded. "I see. Elrond won't be pleased but Iwill explain it to him. He doesn't need to know I gave it to you.Arwen says he would be disappointed"

"BecauseI'm a dwarf..."

"No.He gave both Arwen and me a piece of jewelry. She has a fine elvishnecklace but it's more than that... I can't wear such gift because Iwas born a hobbit and I know who I am... unlike Gilriel, but mysister is happy who she is. She has a home and a family. I don't wantto take this away from her... would you tell her this?" She lookedto him and waited until he raised his head and nodded. "This meansyou will leave with your... Elrond"

"Yes,I'm sure he wants to report to his king. I'm also sure he won't letme go to Mirkwood and this time I don't have Arwen to help mepersuade him" Lothien took a step closer to the door but stoppedwhen the king under the mountain didn't move. "Lothien... You couldstay... until Elrond returns from Mirkwood"

"I'mafraid this isn't my decision"

 "Butwould you?" Suddenly Thorin looked at her and took a step towardsher. He took her hands when the door was opened and Bofur rushedinside. "Balin wants me to get you, Thorin. The elf is angry andBalin doesn't know how to calm him any longer. And if you won't comethen Dwalin said he would handle it and... well, you know what hewill do. It won't end well"