Chapter 35

Chapter35 – The Arkenstone

"DoI look pretty?" Gilriel turned around and liked her red and goldendress. "I never wore something like this. Are you sure I can?"

"Yes,of course!" Fili hugged her and turned her around which made bothof them laugh. Fili stopped moving after awhile and looked at thedwarven hobbit. "Are you happy? I mean... are you tired? You weretravelling far and maybe you want to rest"

"Irested a lot more than the rest of our company. I can't keep up butI'm here. Dis took good care of me" Gilriel put her arms aroundFili and quickly put a kiss on his lips before running out of theroom. The dwarven prince was taken by surprise and needed a moment tothink before he ran after her. "Gilriel! Wait!"

Sinceit was a long time ago she had been walking through the mountain shekept running without knowing where she was going to. Every stairwaytook her deeper into the mountain and she looked back now and then tosee he was still following her. It made Gilriel happy to see hechased her and she took the next steps even faster. Running throughcorridors she noticed he was faster this way. He was almost catchingher when Gilriel ran into Nori. "Hey!"

"I'msorry. I didn't see you coming. Where exactly did you came from?"Gilriel put her hands on her hips when Fili stopped breathless nextto them. "Thank you Nori but I almost had her"

"No,you didn't. On the next stairway you would have lost me again" Sheteasingly pushed him but Fili didn't even move. He hugged her anddidn't give her a chance to escape. "Do you think you can run now?"

"Ican if I want to"

"Ehm...I... I should go" Nori walked away with red cheeks and wasobviously uncomfortable around their happiness. Fili and Gilrieldidn't care and the dwarven hobbit opened the door to the room Norihad come from. "Come, quickly"

 "Iwonder what he did in here" Fili looked around. The room wasn'tspecial but something was glowing in a corner and surprised theprince. "When did Nori find the Arkenstone?"