Chapter 38

Chapter38 – Old glory

"Thisis my sister. Dis" Thorin introduced the elvish hobbit to hisfamily when he was interrupted by his nephew. "Uncle Thorin! Lookwhat Bilbo Baggins found! He left it with Bofur and Nori but it'syours"

"Fili,not now!"

"Butit's the Arkenstone" Fili ran to give the jewel to the king andknelt in front of him. "Now it's where it belongs. The king's jewelis with the king under the mountain"

"Oldtreasures and old glory have returned" Dis clapped her hands beforeshe hugged Kili and tried not to cry. "Father would be proud of us.We led Durin's folk home and as long as we have the Arkenstone no onecan take the Erebor from us. All will be okay now. All will be good"

Thorinnodded without speaking a word. He looked at the Arkenstone forawhile before he called for Balin. "Take this to the throne and itbe placed back on its rightful place. It should be seen by alldwarves when I open the king's hall but not before tomorrow. Mysister and our guests have to rest. Fili, you take this hobbit...dwarf... to her chamber and Lothien... would you do me the honor andlet me take you to one of the royal chambers?"

"Iwould be honored" Lothien took Thorin's arm and Fili watched hisuncle leaving with the elvish hobbit while he returned to Gilriel'sside. "Do you want to walk this formal?"

"No!"The dwarven elf quickly shook her head and looked disgusted whichmade Fili laugh. "Good, because it looks wrong. Shall we runinstead again? I still have to prove I can catch you"

"Hey!Wait for me! I'm faster!" Kili escaped his mother and ran aheadbefore his brother and Gilriel could follow. The three of them ranpast their king and made to the royal corridor in no time. On thethird floor the largest room belonged to the king and only onequartermaster was there to decide about all other rooms. One was forDis, one for Kili and one for Fili. Half of the corridor was reservedfor guests but one Dis had already chosen for Gilriel and tired shefell on her own bed.