Chapter 33

Chapter33 – Family never changes

Itwas several hours later when the two brothers had dinner with theirmother and Gilriel. It was the only time Gilriel didn't hear Kilispeak or laugh and after dinner he was sent to do some duties ofGilriel was sure Dis had made up to keep her son occupied.

WhenDis left as well Gilriel was alone with Fili and took the ring whichhad been in the middle of the table during the whole dinner. "Wheredo you have this ring from?"

"Kilistole it from uncle Thorin before we reached Dale. I don't knowexactly when but I'm sure it belongs to the elvish hobbit" Fili leta servant take the empty plates and waited until Gilriel put the ringback in his hand. "It's pretty but I don't understand why she gaveit away. Is it true they are engaged or is this one of Kili's jokes?Your brother jokes a lot and you... you are more like the king"

"Whatdoes this mean?"

"Imean you write diaries... you help the people of Dale... You aren'tscared of your mother but you can't win either" Gilriel smiled andher cheeks turned red when Fili took her hand. "How do you know allthis? It's not fair you know about me when I had no chance to get toknow you better"

"Ispend a lot of time with your mother and tidying your room and... Ipromise I haven't read it" Gilriel was still in her black dress andin her bag she kept his diary. "I thought you want it back. Ididn't know if you ever go back to the blue mountains and then itwould have been lost"

Filitook his diary and smiled shyly. "You carried it all the way?"

"It'snot heavy" She laughed and so did Fili. He took her hand and ranwith her through the mountain to the royal chambers. "It's not alldone yet. We were only thirteen dwarves when we came here and thefirst dwarves took care of Thorin's chamber and one for my motherbut..."

Filiopened a wardrobe and took a dress from it. "This is what Durin'sladies wear in Erebor and maybe you want to try it"