Chapter 6

Chapter6 – My very first Hobbit

"Whatdid you call me?" Gilriel didn't feel well around the short man. Hewas still taller than herself but he wasn't a dwarf like she believedherself to be. She had many questions but the man guided to a bedwhich was looking very welcoming and comfortable.

Shehad been walking a whole day and every inch of her body hurt. It feltgood to take off her shoes and just sit on the bed for a moment. Herhand felt the silk blanket and for the first time the size seemed tofit.

"Youare a hobbit, or... why are you with these dwarves? You can't be oneof them. You look like a cousin when she was younger. She isn't thepart of family I like but I don't have to see her that often" Theman smiled and brought another blanket. This one was a wool blanketin a bright red color which he put around her shoulders withoutasking her. "My name is Bilbo, Bilbo Baggins. Please take the bedand sleep... meanwhile I try to protect my house and my sanity"

"Wedwarves don't..."

"Wedwarves? You are not a dwarf. You're a hobbit" Bilbo turned aroundand Gilriel tried to see what he was looking at. First she saw onlygray and next a beard.

Thehuman was tall and had to bow to step into the room. Gilriel had seenhim once before in Bree. The wizard was never seen without his stickand this time two dwarves followed him of which he shut both ofclosing the door by stomping his stick on the ground.

"So,you are the woman... Gilriel... what does a dwarf who is not a dwarfand called by an elvish name do here to interfere a mission I plannedfor years?" Gandalf looked at her and made Gilriel feeluncomfortable. She pulled Bilbo's blanket closer around her shouldersand looked to the ground. "I don't know what you want from me. Idon't know my family ... but my parents were dwarves and raised mewith all their love"

 "Veryinteresting. Very interesting indeed" The wizard opened the doorand suddenly four dwarves fell through the door and landed on theground. "We're sorry Mister Gandalf... can we eat dinner now? Weall had a very long way and... the burglar has so much to serve..."