Chapter 10

Chapter10 – House of Durin

Withmap and letter she left the hobbit's house and the village of morelittle houses and small people waking up. Gilriel passed by a groupof children and held tight to her map. She didn't know the way shehad to go but was sure her decision was right.

Gilrielhad been raised by dwarves and the only parents she knew where thosewho had loved her until the dragon had destroyed Erebor. She had losthome like many dwarves that time and Fili's mother would understandher feelings. She could have read the prince's letter to his motherbut she had decided to keep it sealed. A letter to his parent wasprivate and Gilriel kept it like a treasure.

Fili'sletter was also a promise. He had written her a promise to come backafter his adventure. He would free Erebor and all dwarves of thekingdom under the mountain could return home.

TheHouse of Durin would become kings of tales and legends and sit on thegreat throne. Old glory would come back and separated families wouldbe united who never thought this day would come.

Shefelt her happy tears and washed them away walking through a forestand leaving the village behind her. Gilriel looked to her map and herdark hair fell into her face. She put a string of it back behind herear and looked up to a pair of birds flying next to each other intothe direction she was heading to.

Whatwould Fili's mother would be like?

Wasshe angry or scared for her sons? And how was their father like?

Weretheir parents as different as the brothers themselves? Was Fili morelike his mother or his father? And why wasn't his father the onefollowing his king on his mission? Did this mean Fili and Kili had nofather?

Gilriellooked back on the map and smiled.

Shedidn't know any answers yet but was sure on the end of her way shehad everything she needed to know.