Chapter 9

Chapter9 – Fili's goodbye

Gilrieltook Bilbo's bread and any food she could find for her own journey.The hobbit left without a word but the young female had her own wayto go. Fili had indeed kept his promise and with his letter to her heleft a letter for his mother asking the sister of the royal king totake care of an unknown lady who had helped two dwarves she didn'tknow.

Filimade it sound like Gilriel had been a hero and his written wordsbrought a smile to his lips. She knew she hadn't been very nice tohim before the group left for their own adventure and now herswritten down for her.

Filihad thought of everything and even left her a map. It wasn't verydetailed but it would do to find her way home to a family ofdwarves... on the other hand Fili had another way for her to go.

Nowthat I prepared everything for you I promised to, I ask for you towait before I come back. I know you probably want to know abouthobbits and your own family but... I know about duty and family andsometimes it's not what you expect.

UncleThorin always told me what he expects me to and how I have to behaveas the future king and heir to my uncle. He has no children of hisown and all he cares about is the kingdom under the mountain. Don'tthink I don't love my family and understand why you keep the memoriesof the dwarves who raised and loved you but... I know from ownexperiences sometimes we want to be free and find ourselves.

I'mnot going on this adventure because my uncle wants me to. He forbidit to keep the line of Durin safe and secure but I have to go to findout who I am. Your answers to this questions may be found where thisElrond lives but... beware the elves and wait until I join you.

Gilrielhadn't even thought about finding Elrond but now that she read Fili'sletter she wasn't sure which way to go to find herself and herfamily.