Chapter 17

Chapter17 – Nosy dwarves

"Howare the elves?" Bofur looked down at the brothers and lookedexcited but neither Fili nor his brother wanted to say something.Fili thought of the anger in his uncle's voice and he knew he hadfailed his king.

Whilemost of the dwarves couldn't wait to see the elves and have dinnerwith them Fili rather wanted to stay away from the invitation and goto bed instead. He walked away from Kili and Bofur who startedtalking about the hobbit lady as soon as Fili turned their back onthem.
Fili on the other hand found a more quiet place beside BilboBaggins who admired the large garden and the far away waterfalls. "Ihaven't seen a more beautiful place in all my life. Is your home,Erebor, anything like this?"

"Ihave never seen Erebor. I was born after Smaug had destroyed ourhome. I only know the stories and when I think of it it feels likehome but I don't know what it truly means to me" Fili sighed andcrossed his arms in front of his chest.

"ButThorin knows Erebor, right? That's why he wants to go back becauseit's his home" Bilbo looked up to Fili who didn't look back at thehobbit. "He made me believe Erebor is all we should be all we wantand dream of. It's the greatest treasure we dwarves have but... thecloser we get there the more I feel how..."

"Fili!It's time! We have dinner with elves with real elves! I want to seethem! I want to know which of uncle Thorin's stories are true. Do youthink they really look like monsters and eat baby dwarves?" Kilipulled on his brother's arm and Fili slowly gave in while Bilbowalked next to them. "Thorin doesn't like elves. I'm sure he saidall kinds of stories to scare you. Wait... you saw the hobbit Gandalfspoke of?"

"Yes!Uncle Thorin was behaving like a gentleman and he only acts like thisaround my mother when he made her angry. I'm sure uncle Thorindoesn't fear anyone only my mom!" Kili ran faster to be one of thefirst to see the elves while Fili stayed behind and shook his head."Uncle Thorin has a reason not to trust the elves and we should bemore careful"

 "Maybeyou shouldn't believe everything your uncle says. You have to makeyour own experiences. Like me! Hobbits usually don't go on adventuresbut I did and now I'm a proud member of this group" Bilbo smiledand walked a bit faster while Fili stopped and looked back to thegarden behind him.