Chapter 31

Chapter31 – King's order

"Thisis my kingdom and I'm king! How dare the elf demand anything? Go andfind his hobbits! But tell him I decide what happens to them!"Thorin finally left his golden dungeon and almost forgot his crownand sword. Balin gave him both and Thorin took them with duty.

Duringthe battle he hadn't only found home but also lost something. All hismen had survived and Bilbo had left two weeks ago with his share likesome of the other dwarves who didn't want to join the house of Durin.

Balinand Dwalin had been his most loyal and both served in high positionsin Erebor while Thorin himself had abandoned his kind. Still thiswasn't as bad as declaring him dead like the elven king had done it.How could Thandruil tell such lies and sent his kind to see if theking of dwarves was truly dead?

Thorinwas alive and even he feared the gold and its might he had resistedit with Bilbo's help. It was a secret they kept but the words of hisfriend he would never forget. Bilbo had spoken of home and true love.He had spoken of family and friends and the things we can't touch butkeep them.

Thorindidn't wait for his family and when he reached his throne only Dwalinand Fili were with him. Thorin already wanted to split and giveorders when he saw the two hobbits coming from behind the throwne."Hey! What do you think you're doing? Everyone's looking for you?Dwalin, why was no one looking here?"

"Youhaven't opened the king's hall yet. We kept it close but they musthave sneaked in" Dwalin bowed and left to tell the elves about thehobbits while one of them came running to her king. "Your highness"

Gilrielbowed while Lothien still walked slowly on the way towards Thorin. Henoticed she tried to stay in the middle of the way before he lookedto Fili. "You take this hobbit and..."

"I'mnot a hobbit and I won't go with the elves!"

Thorinlooked surprised at Gilriel who now stood in front of her king whileFili giggled behind him. "She knows what she wants and she is avery persistent dwarf... like all Durin's"