Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Xander’s POV

I couldn’t take away my eyes from Maria and Macky who was cuddling beside me at the back seat of the car, wishing that Sammie was also beside me. It was only me, Dad, Jack, Macky and Maria who’s attending the meeting. They say that it’s at least a five hour drive before we came to our destination, Jack, Sammie’s Dad, say that we were almost halfway there, he was also the one on the driver seat.

Closing my eyes, I leaned on the head rest of the car, thinking that if only I wasn’t born with pure Alpha blood, my life, our life would be so simpler. I could just imagine, me and Sammie being together no secrets, no hidden identity, no surprises, nothing to worry about just the two of us.

But I know that it will only be just a wishful thinking, this is reality, and this is what we need to do for us to be together. We were in here because of some reasons, fate, destiny whatever they call it, I will face them all heads up.

After giving myself some pep talk inside my head, I felt a little better, telling myself that I’ll do what is needed so that I will be back on my mate’s side in no time.

After two more hours of endless driving, we arrived at our destination, it was a big human camping ground in the middle of the woods, with large cabins scattered around the area.

“Welcome, Alpha Mathew.” A tall bulky man greeted as, I suppose this would be one of the Alpha’s. “Jack! Is that you already? Long time no see!” The man, pulled my mate’s Dad on a manly hug.

“Alpha Steve,” Jack say while patting Alpha’s Steve back, “You’ve grown bigger than the last time I saw you.” And they all went laughing at Jack’s comment.

“Steve, this is Xander, my late brother, Miguel, only son.” Dad pulled me to his side and introduced me to Alpha Steve.

“Nice to finally meet you, Miguel was a good friend of mine.” I just smiled at him and shook his hand, “Obviously, Mathew has taken good care of you.”

“Of course, I treat him just like my own.” And it was honestly true, what he said, even though, my true parents are dead, I never felt that I’m an orphaned child, they let me call them Mom and Dad, never letting me feel that I’m not their own child, and for that I will always be grateful.

“And this is Maria, George daughter, and her mate Macky.” Dad also introduced the two lovebirds.

“Oh this is one of the..” Alpha Steve didn’t finished his statement and suddenly diverted his words. “Your Dad is waiting for you, come on, I’ll show you where you are staying.”

And so we were lead first to Alpha George, and Maria went excitedly to her Dad and hugged him, it was obvious that she missed her father badly. We then leave them alone to catch up and we headed to our cabin.

“This will be your home for a while.” Alpha Steve said while we put our things down on the side of the living room. The cabin was like a small house made in pure woods and nails I could not even see a drop of cement, even the floor was made from wood. It has a small living room and small kitchen, and there are four bedrooms and two baths. “We will be having our first meeting at exactly twelve midnight.”

“Is Alpha Clarkson already here?” I asked in all curiosity, well who wouldn’t be curious of the only other man, other than me, with pure Alpha blood.

“Not yet, he sent a message that he would be late.” I shook my head in understanding, after a few more instruction about food, and not running too much inside the woods because of the fact that there may be humans, he was off.