Chapter 19

Oh my!!! Guys!!! You're the best!! Thanks for all the votes, comments and fans!!!!

So here's the next chapter ENJOY!!!!

Chapter 19

“Your safe now, I got you.”

Those words should be comforting, right? But why does it make my heart ache so much, oh yeah, because he rejected me.

“Let go of me.” It was barely a whisper, but I felt him tensed up, like realizing all that has happened. I was expecting him to loosen his hold of me but he just tightens it more. I tried to break free but miserably failed. I was feeling so weak not just because of what happened but also because my wolf doesn’t want me to break free from our mate’s hold.

I looked up for help; I saw coach and Macky looming at me looking very worried. I tried to wriggle again on Xander’s hold, and thank God Macky noticed it this time. He dropped down to his knees and looked at Xander, telling him to let go.

“Ms. Hale needs to be brought to the school nurse.” Coach interrupted the staring contest of the two boys.

“Macky can bring me there.” That made Xander loosens his hold of me.

“Slowly now.” Macky helped me stand up after I refused to be carried on his arms. I then changed first to my regular clothes, I don’t want to walk in the school hallway only in bathing suit, and then we proceeded to the clinic.

I don’t know what to think on Xander’s actions, he rejected me but awhile ago he was holding me like his life depends on it.

‘It’s his wolf; his wolf would never reject us.’ I didn’t comment on my wolf. Maybe she’s right, but that won’t change the fact that he rejected me. ‘He’ll come around for sure, let’s give him some time.’ I internally rolled my eyes, now my wolf’s giving me advice to stay strong and think positive when all my hopes of him changing his mind was gone with all the tears that I’ve cried.

I think it’s not just Xander that’s disagreeing with his wolf, I don’t think that my wolf can sweet talk me about waiting for our mate to come to his senses. Enough is enough.

“What happened?” The nurse asked as we entered the clinic.

“I got cramps, and…drowned?” The school nurse look at me suspiciously. “Ok, I’m sorry I should have done some warm up before diving in the pool.”

The nurse then let me sit on the bed and inspect me, after that she told me to just stay there and that my parents will pick me up soon. I think I have a lot of explaining to do later.

“What’s wrong with you young lady for doing such a stupid thing!?” My Mom yelled at me as I stepped inside our house. The car ride with Dad was silent; he just hugged me tight as if making sure that I was really fine, I think he knows that Mom would do all the scolding for him.

“Mom, I didn’t purposely drowned myself, it was an accident.” I then felt her arms around me; tears were now drenching my shirt. “I’m sorry for making you worry.” I hugged her back as tightly as my weak body could.

She then let me go after a few more minutes so that I can rest more inside my room. I plunged my tired body to bed thinking of what just happened, it has been two weeks but my body’s reaction to his touch was the same, or even stronger.

I sighed not really wanting to think about it more ‘cause for sure the tears will emerge again and I’m tired of that. I closed my eyes making myself think of anything else than him, but as a tear flowed down my cheek I know that I failed.