Chapter 27

Chapter 27

“Love, are you ready?” I heard Xander asked behind the door, waiting for me to say that I was decent enough before he enters.

“Almost, just brushing my hair.” I answered, and so my mate opened the door and let himself inside my room. Putting his arms around my waist made my stiff body relax a little.

“Everything’s gonna be alright.” He whispered in my ears, we were getting ready for the pack meeting that his father called to explain to the pack about the episode this morning.

“Hopefully,” I responded as I rested my head on his neck as we look eye to eye on my mirror.

“You’re handling the situation very well, you’ll make a very good Alpha’s wife someday, and a beautiful one too.” He cooed lovingly to me.

“Xander…”

“What?” One of the corners of his mouth rose up as if giving me some kind of a smirk, “We should be open to possibilities.”

“Love,” I turned my body so I was now facing him, “I know you never wished to be an Alpha, not even in your own pack, what more of being an Alpha to were’s you don’t know.”

“Well, I’m just weighing my options, and you should too.”

“I know, let’s just take it one at a time.” I said, telling him that as of now, we should first go to the pack meeting. I then put down my brush back to the vanity table I have in my room and guided my mate out and down the stairs to the living room where my family were waiting for us.

“You two just look so good together.” Grandma with pure adoration in her eyes told us, making me and my mate blush a little. I don’t know how she’d known about what happened earlier and that she’s here, but I guess being a retired council of the pack has its advantages.

“Let’s keep going, we don’t wanna be late.” Mom said as they ushered me, Xander, Dad and Grandma out of the house to the waiting car outside. I let grandma slid in first at the back seat, then followed by me and Xander, while my parents were at front.

“So I was never wrong.” Grandma whispered to me as Dad started to drive into the pave road to the pack house.

“Grand, please don’t.” I pleaded, hoping that my mate didn’t notice us talking as he was conversing with his Dad over the phone.

“Don’t you have to say sorry, for lying to your Grandma?” That went straight to my heart, I know I hurt her feeling for not telling her the truth.

“I’m sorry Grand, it was just a little complicated back then. And now it’s much worst for us two.”

“Everything’s going to be just fine my child.” She flashed me a very sincere and true smile, like she was very very sure that this meeting will end up good, I hope I just read it right.

I just smiled at her and let me eyes gaze outside the windows were trees were blurring as the car sped past them.

One by one we went out of the car silently and walk straight to the pack’s backyard where almost all of the pack members were. Eyes were automatically fixated to us as we went our way to a makeshift stage that was used every time the Alpha held a meeting.

Loud demanding voices were heard as we positioned ourselves in front of our pack, I can’t really understand much of it as they were talking at the same time. I roamed my eyes to them looking at the people I grew up with, now they all hated me, I wanted to cower away from their eyes but I need to be strong not just for my family but also for myself, if I will be indeed the next Alpha’s wife of the Blue Moon’s pack.