Chapter 28

Don't forget to also check out my other books! Thank you!

Chapter 28

“Maria,” Macky called the attention of his mate, “I want you to meet your cousin Samantha.”

Even after days of Macky finding her outside the territory, it was still obvious that it was hard for her to communicate to us or to any other person for the matter. She only open ups to her mate, and rarely speaks especially if Macky’s not with her.

“Hi.” I tentatively greeted, all of my friends want to meet her, but Macky suggested that it would be better if I go first, ‘cause technically we’re blood related.

“Your Uncle Jack’s daughter?” She timidly asked, and I nodded my head as answer. Well, besides Macky, it was Dad who she trusted to tell her tale about the kidnapping. Dad recounted to us what Maria have told him and her mate, that she was just out running near the boundaries with some friends when it happened. It was just like what happened to us near the spring a few months back, I guess she was not as lucky as we were to escape the attack.

She was the only one kidnapped, her friends were left unconscious on the open field where they were attack. They blind folded her and brought to a very dark room with no windows, just a door which was always locked. They were given only foods once a day and every time they were threatened to be killed and never to be taken back to her pack.

Thankfully her kidnappers never laid their hands on her, but it was still a very traumatic experience. Dad tried asking her about the other girls, but Maria didn’t meet any other girl that was captured. However she once heard the guards talking about delivering foods to the other prisoners.

That was all we got from her, she never saw the outside of her cell, never seen sunlight until she was freed, she was held unconscious as she was dragged away from the hell hole.

“Hmm are you going to attend school here?” I casually asked, wanting her to socialized and be more at ease with the people around her.

“I guess.” She simply answered.

“It’s ok if you’re still not ready.” Macky said to her mate in a very understanding kind of way.

“I’ll be fine, you’ve been skipping classes because of me, so why not just enroll.” I kept silent as I was feeling that the conversation was between the two of them.

“Are you sure?” It was obvious to his face that he also wanted Maria to enroll, but he was hesitant for his mate well being.

“Positive.” And a smile crept out of my lips.

**********

“So, this is, Calvin, Xander, Dean, Max, Kate, Evie, Lana and of course Sam.” Macky pointed every single one of us as he introduce as to Maria. “And guys, this is my mate Maria.”

Everybody, except me, shook hands and said hi to her, she just timidly answered ‘hello’ to them, but when it was Xander’s turn it was a little different.

“The last time we met, it was not really a good time.” My mate started as she shook her hand. “I hope we could start all over again?”

“Of course,” Maria positively answered, while her mate and my friends looked at her with bewildered expressions. Me, I have inkling on what are they talking about. “You did the right thing back then.”

Macky was the first to asked what were they talking about, so the two of them told them about the arrange marriage their parents were planning, which was thankfully not pursued.