Chapter Seventeen

Cameron

Glasses clinked together loudly, as an audience of eighteen people sat at the bar that Cassie, and I were being served at. Cassie sipped her drink, her brown eyes roamed around the restaurant curiously. I had my arm around her as I watched the bar tender fill my glass to the top with blackberry ice tea.

I had asked Cassie what she wanted to do before I took her home for the night. She told me she had a taste for a strawberry margarita, and a grilled chicken fajita.  "Can I not have the beans either?" Cassie asked politely sending her plate back for the 3rd time.

Cassie was sweet, but anal when it came to certain things. The waitress rolled her eyes taking up her plate. "We have other stuff on the menu if you don't like they fajita." Cassie smiled nicely. "No, I just want my fajita made the right way." 

I took a long swig of my tea.

I cut into my rib savoring the tangy barbecue sauce as it touched my tongue. "I'm gonna go to the ladies room." Cassie kissed my cheek as she climbed down from the bar stool. Our waitress finally came back with her plate five minutes after Cassie had left to go to bathroom.

"Your girlfriend, is so picky." I nodded dipping a couple of my fries into the barbecue sauce on the plate. "I know." I watched the waitress wipe the bar down with a wet dish towel, and follow behind it with a dry one just as Cassie hung her purse strap on the back of the chair. She climbed up tryna sit back on the bar stool.

I took her hand holding her steady as she took a seat. She bite into her fajita. "I just taste to tortilla now." The waitress look very agigated. "You asked us to remove the sour cream, the beans, the rice, and the sauce." Cassie scooted the plate up to her again. "Well, can you just put the sauce on? Just a light bit, and It should be fine after that."

I would have been annoyed by her, but I had gotten use to her specific taste over the past two months of being with her. The waitress on the other hand looked like she was about to blow up any minute. The plate was taken to the back again. "This is a nice place." Cassie complimented sipping her drink again. I was full now, as I swallowed down the rest of my ice tea.

The plate was brought back, and Cassie still wasn't satisfied, so she decided on a grilled burger.

The group across from us roared with laughter as they talked amoungst themselves. "They are so rude. Don't they know that they aren't the only people in here. I'm gonna request to move when Amber comes back with my hamburger, because I can't eat with so much noise.
I just shrugged. I didn't care either way I had finished my plate up. Amber let us move from the bar. She looked happy to have Cassie out of her view. I watched Cassie wipe away some of the mustard before she finally started eattig.

We left about an hour later, and I took her home knowing I had to get up early for work, and my english class.

                                                      Morning came hella quick, and I started getting ready for my earliest class at 6:50am. I would have to go to work right after it ended so I got my work uniform together. I threw everything in the trunk before taking the thirty minute drive out to the campus.

I was only half awake as the teacher came in twriting on the board.

My friend Marcell came in late like usual, he was always in his pajama's when it came to this class. I could tell he hadn't even bother to brush his teeth, or wash his face. Dirty ass dude, but he was the main one talking about how this school was full of dirty ass girl's

"Waddup up my nig." Marcell whispered to me, "Sup?" I finished up the notes before the teacher erased them, and began to write another board of notes. "Aye, lemme get them after class." I nodded. "Okay, I got you." Everybody was quiet taking down notes before the teacher erased everything again before turning to face us.

"The test tomorrow will be over these notes, please study, and take this seriously. Dismissed."

Everybody started shuffling around getting ready to leave. I passed Marcell my note book as we left the class. "Let me copy em right quick, so you can get em back." I checked the time. It was only 7:00am. The teacher had dismissed us early as hell. Usually the class lasted till 7:40, and I'd be leaving out to be at work by 8:00.

We went through the line. He got some pancakes, and I got a cereal bar following him over to an empty table. He started coping my notes into his note book while eatting. I wasn't here enough to join any clubs.

I was only taking three class here at the campus during the week.

Marcell had a dorm, and was a full time student, who worked here. He was always tryna get me to join something. Marcell was in a fraternity along with being in foot ball. So he was real popular around campus.

"Man, you shoulda came last nght. Ladonna was at the party," I shrugged. "I told you I was gonna be wit my girl." Marcell laughed. "Her crusty ass? Dude you need to cut that old batty loose." I bit into my cereal bar. "She's a nice person." Marcell mocked me. "She's a nice person. She ain't ya type, I remember I met her,? She ain't no where near yo type. Anyway we having a party on the weeked. Bring that nigga PJ wit you saturday. He cool people."

 I laughed. "Iight, and what's my type than?" Marcell finished up the notes sliding em back over to me. "Big titties, fat ass." I put my notes back up. "That ain't a type that's a look." Marcell chuckled. "Naw nigga that's a type."

I shook my head eating the last of my cereal bar.

Marcell put his plate in the trash. Some girls in the line were looking his way. They were talking about him you could tell. They didn't look like the type he would talk to or look at which was probably why they were so careful not to catch his attention

I put my feet up in a nearby chair. The only way Marcell knew me was because of my grades, I had gotten a letter from the frat earlier in the year, but I turned it down. It wasn't my type of thing. I was tryna graduate, and get the fuck outta this school.

"What was Ladonna doing?" Ladonna was this real good lucking girl Marcell was tryna get next to, but she wasn't giving him the time of day. "What was she not doing. She was looking good as fuck in that silver dress. Damn I wanted her worst that any nigga at that party." Marcell shook his head. "Imma get them draws from her fo'real one day."

"Sure you are." I told Marcell. Marcell started getting up. "I got class at 7:45. See you at 330 my nig." Marcell walked off, and I sat there till 8:00 before I left to go to work.

It was real slow this morning.

I was studying my notes when Paige walked in with her work attire on. She was back to dressing normal. I liked seeing her dressed as a chic though. "Aye Paige, waddup? It's slow today." She nodded. 'I see that. What you looking at?" I turned my notes to her. "I have a test tomorrow in the morning."

She started typing her apron on looking at me. "Good luck."  I put my note book back in my backpack. "Thank you. Aye can you be my date at a party on Saturday?" Paige took an order pad from the drawer. "Why ain't you ask Cassie>"

"She don't like parties, and I'm asking you, not her." Paige shrugged. "Yeah. I guess I owe you." I laughed. "iight well im about to leave, I got class in thirty  mintues." I started packing my stuff up going outside to my car.

-----------