Chapter Twenty

Cameron glanced at me with a shake of his head.

I gave him a nice wide cheshire smile while I took a long swig of my raspberry lemonade. Camille was celebrating her 20th birthday, and had invited Cameron, Lincoln, and myself out to Applesbee's  with her.

Cameron really didn't want to go.

He thought Camille was annoying, and he couldn't understand how I was friends with her because she was a lot different from me. She was very ditzy, and could be an airhead at times. I was no where near ditzy, and I was definately not in anyway an air head.

"Aren't you guys excited. I'm so excited!" Camille clasped her hands together, and Cameron looked like he wanted to bang his head on the wall. I wasn't sure what she was excited about, but Cameron had me laughing out loud.

Camille looked between us. "What's so funny tell me?" She pleaded. Cameron looked at me, than at Camille. "I have to take a shit. Excuse me." Cameron got up putting his napkin on the table.

"Gross." Camille said as she picked at her chicken strips. 

Lincoln was late coming in, but when he did come he handed Camillie a bouqet of pink, and white roses -- her two favorite color's. Camille smiled happily. "Thank you Lincoln." Lincoln nodded scooting into the booth. "Order something." Camille told him waving the waiter over.

Lincoln ordered a burger. 

Camille was real special to me because of the the thing she had been through. Camille was an orphan. She had never met her parents, and she didn't know who they were. So for her to be as sweet, and bubbly as she was it made me look at her with some admiration.

She could take a lot, she was a easy surface, but a hard shell on the inside. She hadn't really went in to deep about why she was passed around to seven different families till she was sixteen. She than ran away from the last family she was with because they were verbally abusive.

Cameron came back from the bathroom sitting in the booth beside me, as Lincoln's food came. "What's up, Lincoln." Lincoln gave Cameron a head nod reaching over to grab the ketchup bottle.

Cameron, and Lincoln had come a long way from when they had first met four months ago.

I was hanging out with Cameron when I spotted Lincoln in the aisle buying some pop tarts. I introduced them, and Cameron immediately didn't like him. It was expected though. Cameron didn't trust many guys around me in the first place.

I also had a feeling that he had feelings for me still, so of course he didn't want me to have any other nigga as a friend, maybe he would feel like I was replacing him some kinda way. " I don't trust him." Cameron had told me.

"Cameron, he's just out her tryna get a degree so he can work, and provide for himself."

"You don't know him." We got in a huge argument about Lincoln. I wasn't defending Lincoln though. I was more or less telling Cameron I had a good sense of judgment. Turns out Cameron was right, and I was wrong, not about trusting him, but that my sense of judgment wasn't all that good. 

Lincoln was going to college because he wanted to become a pharmacist to keep up his job as a street pharmacist. He was only motivated because he wanted to play in the streets, and be able to get any drug with out the suspicion of him stealing them to sell to his customers.

I liked Lincoln though.

He was just real laid back, and didn't give a shit what anybody had to say about him. Camillie had a crush on him. He had come into sprint one day to change companies, and Camille was one of the couple female reps tripping over her feet to help him, but that really was a collision just waiting to happen.

Lincoln said he would NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER date her. She was to sensitive for him, regardless of her hard ship.

He was really only friends with her because I was friend's with her. We were a strange group, but some how we all fit in our way. "I appreciate all you guy's coming out. I have never really celebrated my birthday before." Camille smiled at all of us happily

"You welcome Millie." I reached over squeezing her hand.  I felt real protective over Camille knowing what she had been through. "Camille squeezed my hand back in response.We stayed around in Applebees for a little bit longer til Camille was ready to go.

We patiently waited for the check while Millie talked aimlessly about nothing. Cameron quickly through down his half of the check scooting to get up. "I'm about to go meet up with Rachel." I felt her name prick at me a little. 

Rachel was cool, and all but damn I never got to hang with Cam like I had before, she was always vouching for his attention. " Be right back Millie, Lincoln." Lincoln nodded pulling his wallet out. I followed Cameron out the door.

He obviously didn't hear me coming up behind him as he pulled out his cellphone, calling Rachel. I took it from his ear quickly. "The fuck." Cameron looked ready to fight, as he turned around, but saw me.

His face relaxed. "Why you snatching my phone?"

I shrugged. "Why you always hanging out with Rachel, why haven't we hung out? We friend's right?" I was irritated I hadn't really spent time with him in like three weeks. "I made plans with her. We not about to do this again Paige." I put his phone in between my breasts. " We doing this, because we already talked about this.

Cameron looked at me with annoyance. "You gonna bring this shit up every month Paige, she's my girl, and I like spending time with her." 

"So you putting pussy over me?" I asked. Cameron laughed, and his phone vibrated inside. my shirt. "Gimme my phone, that's probably her." I shook my head walking the other direction. "It's not healthy that you spend so much time with her. Absence makes the heart founder."

"Give me my phone Paige." Cameron was chasing me around the parking lot after a moment, until He finally caught up with me grabbing his phone from inside my shirt. I just shook my head walking back inside Applebee's.