Chapter Twenty-Two

Cameron was full on ignoring me now. He wasn't even bothering to check up on me. He wasn't calling me, texting me, or nothing. So I decided to return the same favor. I had even deleted his number out my phone. He told me I was tripping about him, and Rachel to much, and maybe I was, but I just feel like if we friends than we have to communicate sometimes, wether he was dating or not. I understand he had to spend time with her too.

He even told me I was gonna have to make a choice, It hurt my feelings to hear him talk to me like that. Since he had graduated, and met Rachel it was like she had changed him, but I did make a choice. I just started focusing on school, work, and myself.

Aimee found herself a boyfriend real soon, so the sex between us had stopped.

It was cool with me since I had the mind set to stay focused anyway. My day, by day routine started to get real boring, It was always school, work, sleep. so I decided to hang out with Lincoln one night. I had never really spent time with him before, and the most I know about him was the he sold drugs, and he was going to school so he could upgrade his "business.

Camille had been sick with pnuemonia for about a week so she had been locked up in her dorm. Never to come out again it seemed like.

I got to Lincoln's single dorm to see him cooking something in the microwave, it didn't have a smell to it though. So I assume he was making a supply of something. He made weed, crack, and he sold pills.

Lincoln pulled the container from the microwave walking to the other side of the room obviously to finish the process of his cocaine. I sat on the couch, I laid my head back, my eyelids got lower, and lower and I started to drift of to sleep til I felt a pinch at my arm.

I thought something had bit me to I look over to see a needle deep inside my vein, and Lincoln on the other side of it, he pulled the needle out with a quickness as the small amount of cocaine burned inside me. I looked at Lincoln like he was crazy.

"Relax, it aint the much." He said that as if he had just give me a present for my birthday. I felt my head start to spin, and my heart pounding hard inside my chest. I didn't know what to say, and my body felt numb.

"How you feeling." I swallowed hard, my mouth felt dry after a moment. "Some water please." I told him weakily. Lincoln got up walking to the bathroom he put some water in a glass before giving it to me, I swallowed the water down in one gulp. It was like I couldn't get enough of it. "What did you give me, why did you give it me?" I said in a soft voice, I could hardly talk, whatever he had given me was to strong for me.

"I smoked before you got here, and I really need to test it out, see if I got a good supply, but I see I need to make a weaker." I started to breathe heavily as my heart seemed to pump even more rapidly. "I'm gonna whoop yo ass I swear." I told Lincoln. He ignored my comment. "You just need to go to sleep."

I sat up for the next hour as the effects from the drug took my body on a journey. If I had ever wanted to get high, I definately wasn't gonna do it now. As soon as I came out of it, I punched Lincoln really hard square in his face. Lincoln let out a howl grabbing his face. I started to get up to leave.

Lincoln caught my arm. "My bad Paige. I didn't think it would be that strong. I snatched my arm away from him. "Nigga you could have killed me, and all you gotta say it my bad I didn't know it was the strong." I shook my head swing the door to his dorm open.

Lincoln grabbed me again. "Look, you can't tell nobody about this." I looked at him like he was a damn fool. "I just wanna get the hell away from you." Lincoln let me go . "That's fine with me, just make sure you don't tell nobody."

I started to walk off, but I fell face first into the concrete, and the last thing I heard was Lincoln saying,"Oh shit."

I woke up to Rachel, Cameron, and Lincoln standing around me. "HOW MUCH DID YOU GIVE HER!" Cameron was screaming at Lincoln, and Rachel was tryna calm Cameron down as he cornered him. "It wasn't nothing ,but a little bit, I just laced it with something strong this time."

I watched Cameron shove Lincoln, and Lincoln stumbled. I sat up making everybody look at me. "Paige, you okay?" Rachel asked me, I didn't really have a reason to be mad at her, but I just rolled my eyes at her. "I'll just be on this side of the room then." Rachel said walking off.

Lincoln came closer. "If you get any closer, I swear I will kill you." I told him seriously as I stood up only to fall back onto the couch again, my legs were weak. "Paige, were taking you to the hospital." Cameron told me. I wasn't into hospitals like that, but I felt like I needed to go.

                                           I found out that I was allergic to the cocaine, and I was lucky I was able to lay down right now, and see anything, my vision was blurry, but I could see. I was hooked up to an IV, and some antibotics for about four hours, after I took both doses, within the next hour afterward I could leave. Rachel left claiming she had to get up early, but she hoped I felt better. I didn't want her around anyway.

Lincoln stayed with his ass planted in a chair in the corner. I knew he had to be feeling really guilt.  Cameron was glaring at him while he sat beside me. "You still good?" He kept asking me  this. I just gave him such an annoyed look. "Nigga go away, you told me to make a choice, so leave. Both of ya'll leave."

I was mad at everybody. They both ignored my comment, and I sighed.

Lincoln stood up after a minute. "I'm not leaving, but I'm about to go get something to grub on from the vending machine. Ya'll want something."

"Naw, you might put something in it I told him." Lincoln seemed upset when I said that, but I didn't really give a shit, because he had almost killed me. Cameron stood over me looking down at me. "Why are you even here."

Cameron thumped my head. "Stop being like that. I'm here because I care about you." I laughed. "You care about Rachel." Cameron looked into my eyes. "You don't like that I got a girlfriend do you?" I looked back in his eyes. "Its not that I don't like it. It just that you act like you not even my friend no more, all you do is be with Rachel." Cameron laughed. "Listen to how you sound Paige." I got real quiet as what I had said replayed inside my head.

I didn't even realize how I had sounded. I sounded like some type of real jealous female that just got her man stolen from her. I laughed too. "I'm just saying though." Cameron smiled at me. "You got fours more hours of these meds before you can go home." I nodded. "Yea."

The montior beep loudly, and we both looked over to see my pulse racing.

Cameron looked at me again, "You good?" I nodded. "It must be the cocaine tryng to fight its way back in. Cameron nodded . The monitor started to rapidly beep again, and I looked over to see my pulse was way up there at 100. I looked back  again to feel Cameron kiss me.

I didn't kiss back, but I kinda wanted him to kiss me, I didn't understand why, but I just knew I had really missed him the past week.

The montior really started going off, as he pulled away sitting down again. One of the nurses rushed in momentarily. "Paige, I told you to relax. Whatever you just did please don't do it again." Cameron laughed , and I just blushed at the nurses comment.

------------------------------------------------------

PJ, Cameron, and Lincoln...