Chapter Nine

Mom was picking up my homework, and Dad was bringing my dinner up to me. Despite being waited on hand, and foot. I was getting real tired of being in bed, and not being able to do shit for myself.

Candie was no longer ignoring me, but I was now ignoring her. She called herself. "Speaking her mind." about me at school. I didn't go to. The females at school was turning they other cheek to her because they know how I am.

I'm not just gonna get physical with you, without telling you what my intentions are.  I had been honest with Candie from the get go. She was really irking me with all this bullshit she was talking about.

Other than that I was healing up, and preparng to go to school tomoorow, and return to work the week after. Cameron had been doing some extra shifts lately. He was tryna save up and, move out into his own place before the end of the year. So I hadn't seen him. He would call, and ask how I was doing though.

Getting back into my school routine, is gonna be hard as hell. I'm just starting to re-learn how to walk on my foot, and be gentle with it. I was laying in bed most of the day til I dozed off late into the night around 11pm.

I woke up late at 745am.

I started moving real quickly, while l started putting on random clothes, and shoes on.  I was ready in ten mintues. I started hobbling down the steps. Mom was probably already at work.  I know Dad was sleeping in today though. He was on suppose to be on vacaton all- week. He was gonna be pissed if I got caught. I snatched up his car keys, and left.

School breezed passed, and I spent most of the day dodging Candie, because she was trying to apologize to me. I wasn't tryna hear it. Dad musta been sleep all day though cause he hadn't even called me, and cussed me out yet.

I moved as fast as I could to the car on my bad leg.

"Damn PJ hol' up, I been tryna talk to you for days." I was midway inside  Dad's car when I looked up to see this girl Del talkng to me. "Whatup. Speak quick. I gotta go Del." Del huffed. "Damn, I'm tryna get at you. I wanna get to know you better. Is that possible?" I shrugged. "I dont know. Lemme get back to you on that." I slid inside Dad's car, and drove off tryna get it to him in time.

He was asleep still, as I hobbled in the house putting his keys right back on the hook with my phone vibrating in my left pocket.  I slumped into the couch pulling it out.

From Cam

Boss asking if U ok enuff 2 come in 2day?

To Cam

Imma be slow, but tell her I can

I started hobbling up the stop peeling my school clothes off, and putting my working clothes on. My dad was coming out the bedroom rubbing his eyes.

"Aye, Dad can I borrow ya car to get to work."

**

Cameron was orientating that girl Cassie that I met in college-prep. She was cute wit a nice body too, but she was giggling at everything Cam said though. She finally walked off to the bathroom, and I shook my head. "She's fucking annoying." I told him shaking my head. Cameron laughed. "How?" I cleared off my carries tray. "She keep laughing at him at everything you say." Cameron smiled at me. "You getting jealous, cause you ain't got my full attention?"

Cameron grabbed at my sides, and I shoved him. "Cam stop wit all that gay shit dude." Cameron full on laughed. "You a girl. Ain't nothing gay about it."