Chapter Eighteen

I was avoiding the gym period. I could get sickly obese before I ever took my ass back there again. I saw Dude's face one more time just as I was starting to forget what he looked like. He was on the news for Grand Theft Auto. It had nothing to do with rape, but he would be in jail for five years. I wondered if this nigga had tried to force himself on any other females.

He would have, had to. You don't just wake up one morning, and decide to rape somebody. That ain't normal...

Seeing his face again though it was just on the TV screen made me sick to my stomach. I was feeling real embrassed about the whole thing. The only person who knew it had occured was still, and only Cameron.

He was bein' real sweet about the situation.

He wasn't even tryna pester me about going to the police. I had thought about it since it had happened, but I really didn't wanna go through the process of a trial. So, I was just gonna try, and move on with my life.

I hadn't really thought about it that much. I was really trying not to anyway, but every so often I would get alone, and that is all that would run through my head. I was questioning myself about what I could have done better, or at all. I was blaming myself for it because I felt like I could have fought a little harder.

When It did come to mind I would go, and talk to Cameron if he was available. He was real understanding, and he listened to everything I had to say. He was a better friend than Candie had ever tried to be.

Cameron shook his head at me, "Naw, It ain't like that at all. He was being to rough with you. He was suppose to be real gentle. A real man is suppose to take it slow. You probably woulda liked it if it was the right person."

Cameron would calm me down whenever I would bring it up .

"I mean, I don't want to try that anyway, I like women. I'm just saying though, I don't understand how females take that shit, and than be fine aferward." I shrugged.

Cameron smiled at me. ,"It just takes the right person. I mean even if it is the right person, it still might even hurt, but it starts to feel better once you get use to it, and I'm sorry that, that happened to you. I wish I could take ya pain away."

I shrugged.,"Thank you, but you good,  I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

It was two am, and I wasn't able to get to sleep in my own house. My mind started to wonder around the event's that took place. I was really trying to understand why he had come after me. I got upset as I was reminded of that familar pain that tore through me. 

I ran the eight mnutes from my house to Camerson's apartment. He was still up late, studying,but he had let me in.

"You hungry? Imma throw that frozen pizza in the oven." I nodded"Yeah that'll cool."

Cameron stood up putting his note book down on the coffee table. He dissappered into the kitchen, and I heard him shuffle around. He finally came back after a while. He set a glass of water infront of me. "Drink this Paige. You gonna be good, just keep getting it out. Don't hold nothing back from me."

I nodded taking the glass. The water had a sour taste to it. I knew he had drugged it with something. I guess to calm me down. I took it to the head, waiting for the effects of whatever it was to set in. It did almost immediately, and I began to relax against the couch.

Cameron eyed me picking his note book up again.

He started studyng. We were quiet for a good ten minutes. The timer on the oven went of signaling that the oven was now heated. "Lemme quiz you." I snatched the book up, and Cameron smacked my thigh smiling. "Imma just fuck up, but iight go ahead, quiz me."