Epilogue

7 Years Later

"Mamá, Mamá," little Juliette, my daughter of six years calls. She rushes into my sitting room, an adorably serious look on her face.

"Yes, mi amór?" I reply, pulling her into my lap and placing a light kiss on her head. Her blonde curls are slightly disheveled from running around our manor all day. I've always admired her curiosity, and been grateful that she's had the chance to explore and get dirty throughout her childhood. Had we stayed in the palace, she'd have been cooped up like an exotic bird in a pitifully small cage.

"Papá is looking for you," she giggles in her lovely french accent. I've been teaching her English, which she's already started to master. She is such a bright child.

"Well, I'm right here, so he'll have to come find me," I chuckle.

"He says it's very important," she fiercely states, her bright blue eyes boring into mine.

As if on cue, Leonardo enters the room. He's wearing his riding clothes, as if he just got home from a ride. His hair is matted to his head from sweat, and if I couldn't see his eyes I'd think he were about to tell me terrible news.

But his eyes are bright and excited, matching the grin on his lips.

"Juliette, please go to your room and tell your maid to pack your finest dresses," he kindly orders, kissing the top of her head.

"Are we going on a trip," she questions excitedly.

"Yes my dear, we are. Now hurry," he chuckles, urging her forward. Once she's gone, I look up to him.

"Where are we going," I ask.

"Home."

At first, I can't comprehend the words that he is saying. Home? We can't go home. Last I hear, my old kingdom and Pier's was in a horrible war because Alice had told them what really happened. My parents had believed her, while Pier's had accused her of being a rotten liar who had helped to kidnap me. As if she would ever do anything to hurt me.

"It's too dangerous Leonardo- they are in the middle of a war," I object, brushing off his statement.

"The war has ended- your parents won," he announces.

"What," I gasp.

"They have issued a request that, wherever you are, you come home," he goes on.

"Home," I mutter. Home. I've dreamed so many times of going home, of seeing my family. And Alice. Juliette deserves to know where she comes from, even if it did cause me misery throughout my childhood.

"We'll never- we'll never do to Juliette what my parents did to me, right," I whisper.

"When Juliette is old enough to marry- she will choose her groom. But I'd rather not think of that yet- she's got a while," he chuckles.

"She's growing so fast," I sigh.

------------------

"Come on Juliette, get in the carriage," I order, helping her up.

"How long will we be gone," she asks, still refusing to get in.

"A long time- perhaps forever," I honestly answer.

"Then I want to take Romeo," she huffs, crossing her arms.

Romeo is her chestnut pony- the name was not my idea. Soon after Shakespeare's works became popular, Leonardo took Juliette and I to see 'Romeo and Juliet.' When we gave her a pony a few weeks later, she didn't think twice about his name.

"Okay, mi amor," I accede. "I'll have the barn hands tie him to the back of the carriage, along with Echo and Snowflower."

Yes, even after these seven years, our horses are still alive, although they are aging. I think they still have a good decade left though.

"Okay," she thoughtfully responds, before climbing into the carriage with the help of Gregor, who is out coach.

"Mamá, are you getting in, too?" she asks.

"In a moment. I just need to go find your father," I respond, before going off in search of Leonardo.

I find him in the stable, fawning over one of our many horses.

"We can have them sent up to us once we're settled," I suggest, interrupting his thoughts and startling him. After a long silence, he looks up at me.

"I just can't believe after all this time- we can go home," he sighs.

"I know," I whisper, pulling him into a hug. "I know."

----------------------

"Are we almost there," Juliette asks for the thousandth time.

"Almost sweetie," I sigh, running my hands through my hair. "You see that village."

I point to a cluster of shops and cottages in the distance.

"Yes Mamá."

"That's the town closest to the castle. It's called Osprey Point. Just beyond it, where you see a tall wall, is the palace where I grew up."

"Mamá, are you a princess?" she asks in awe.

"I was once my dear," I laugh. "But now, you are a princess."

"Was Papá a prince," she asks, her eyes wide in wonder. Leonardo opens his mouth to protest, but I silence him by raising my hand.

"Yes Juliette- he was my prince," I answer, my eyes meeting Leonardo's. The words I said ring true, as I've never loved anyone more than I love these two sitting with me in this carriage.

No matter what awaits for us back home, I'll be okay. As long as these two are with me, I'll be just fine.

A/N

This story is officially over- how did you like the ending? What about Juliette? Thank you for reading this, I love you guys so much for getting it up to over 1000 reads!