Chapter 16

"Pier, hurry up," I shout, cantering ahead. He still won't go after than a trot because it makes him 'nervous.'

"Clarabelle darling, slow down. I don't want you falling off and busting your head," he worries.

I reluctantly stop my horse and wait for Pier to catch up.

"Alright, we'll just take it at a walk for now," I sigh, clicking my heels into Echo's side.

We walk ahead for a while, when I hear a rustle in the bushes. I turn my head and see a doe and her fawn grazing in the field that borders the forest.

"Pier, look," I whisper, pointing them out. He turns his head, and smiles. "Aren't they beautiful?"

"Yes, they are," he replies, before picking Falcon up into a trot. I chuckle, and quickly catch up to him.

We ride for over an hour before deciding to turn back. The woods are becoming quiet with nothing but the sound of hoofbeats and our hushed voices.

"Are you having fun dear?" Pier questions, turning his gaze to me.

"Yes, very much." A smile illuminates my face.

We don't notice at first the people who have jumped out in front of is till they speak.

"Long time no see, eh Princess," a gruff voice snarls.

It takes me a moment to recognize the angry, scraggly bearded man, but when I do it knocks the breath out of me. Standing there before us is these who attacked me while riding Echo, along with a group of what looks like six or seven people- and he's on horseback.

"Clarabelle, go home," Pier orders.

"And leave you here alone? No," I argue.

"I said go- I'll handle this," he growls, reaching into his pocket. "GO!"

I turn Echo and take off into a gallop, slinging one leg over his side so that I can hold on with my legs- forget this silly sidesaddle business.

Once I'm high on a hill, I turn back to see Pier.

An ear piercing bang fills the forest, a sound I've never heard before. Pier is pointing a crescent shaped item and pointing it at the ruffians. Three are already dead on the floor as the bangs go off over and over again.

I bury my head in Echo's mane, and wait for it to be over. I hear hoofbeats behind me, and I warily lift my head.

"Pier?"

"Not so fast princess."

A/N

dun Dun, DUUUUNNNN!!!!

My attempt at a cliffhanger. Sorry for the long wait!!! hopefully I can update this weekend but I have dance rehearsal because I'm in a winter parade in orlando, I'm going to SeaWorld on Saturday with my family, and I have church Sunday mornings. PLUS I have a ginormous project due Monday that I'm only halfway done with. So if I don't update please don't come to my house with pitchforks and torches!!

And sorry it's a short chapter!

Love you Guys, have a fantabulous day my lovelies